PDA

View Full Version : Hello / Self Harm

KMo
17-02-11, 11:38
Hi everyone...

I have just recently found this site.. I am a 41 year old woman from the UK. I have suffered with depression for as long as I can remember. I started Self Harming when I was about 35 years old.

Anyway just wanted to let you all know that when I was self harming I did'nt have anyone to talk too who felt the same as me, so if you need any one to speak to or to try and give you a few tips on how to avoid cutting, please let me know.

I will do my very best to help you.

Karen

diane07
17-02-11, 11:40
Hi KMo

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Rexzooly
17-02-11, 12:26
Hi everyone...

I have just recently found this site.. I am a 41 year old woman from the UK. I have suffered with depression for as long as I can remember. I started Self Harming when I was about 35 years old.

Anyway just wanted to let you all know that when I was self harming I did'nt have anyone to talk too who felt the same as me, so if you need any one to speak to or to try and give you a few tips on how to avoid cutting, please let me know.

I will do my very best to help you.

Karen

Hey Karen I am only 22 but but I am kinda a x self harmer i say kinda as some things I do could still be classed as selfharm i guess but I been there been people there and will see more people there self harming is a really a last line of your boding wanting help and even tho people sees it as a really bad thing it something keeps us alive and this is a better thing, I am not saying selfharming is good in anyway but even the doctors I have seen all say there is no drug that can match the effect of self harming what I still to this day find it strange to hear but I had my srink say this just a week or so back, What I done it put my time in to helping others I can't darn work so I feel helping others really helps me and keeps me busy and I would love to talk and help you also, I might not always be around but I am open to PM's all the time and I try and get on the chat room also.

Welcome to the site and I really hope you find a place here and find a new way of coping I know it will be helpful.

paula lynne
17-02-11, 15:11
Hi Karen welcome aboard!
I tend to s/h just before a period...I read that some women like me who have severe PMS do this, so at least I know Im not alone. Its great to have you here, as I think this issue does get swept under the carpet a lot. Best wishes, Paula x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
17-02-11, 15:39
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

hypochondriac
19-02-11, 17:23
Hi,
I used to SH too but now i have found ways to cope with my depression and feel a lot better, i hope you find a way out of it too
x