PDA

View Full Version : introducing me

marlnumbeone
17-02-11, 11:50
Hi.......i'm new to 'No panic', hope to make likewise friends who can help me through this bad time. have suffered with panic attacks/anxiety for over 30 years, sometimes worse than others, at present, pretty bad, cant figure out what has triggered them badly again. I take 9mg valium everyday, and have been on them for years. also receiving counselling for depression, but its not very helpful. the worse thing to deal with is the awful dizzy sensations i have when walking/standing when out. i feel unsteady, as if i'm going to fall. am just starting to try and learn how to breath correctly, and the use of a relaxation cd. i like to walk, and this is a big deal for me..........i am getting frightened of going out, have read several books..........but it all goes west when these feelings begin. i'm sure there are many of us out there, although i feel alone and isolated, and we know its hard for others to understand. so any help/advice would be most welcome. hoping to hear from some of you soon.

nomorepanic
17-02-11, 11:52
Hi marlnumbeone

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
17-02-11, 15:12
Hi, welcome aboard, good to know you. You'll meet loads of people in the same boat here, and make some good friends along the way. x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
17-02-11, 15:39
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x