PDA

View Full Version : confused

mom27
17-02-11, 13:23
:blush:i have recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety i have not even been able to go out my house since december 2010. I am nervous when I attempt to go out usually ending up with me being sick or stuck on the toilet. Its now effecting my family life as I have 4 children. Im missing out on so much and dont know which way to turn. I have a wonderful partner who supports me as much as he possibly can but there is only so much he can do and only so many tears he can wipe away. Im scared that if things dont improve soon im going to lose everything I love . Any advice ?

paula lynne
17-02-11, 14:53
Hi, Im so sorry you are feeling this way. I can totally relate. I didnt go out for 3 months at one point, and even got rid of my land line as it began to frighten me. There are loads of posts here that can help, use the search facility and type in agoraohobia etc. Also, the info about agro in the left hand column is helpful, I still read it from time to time.

Little steps out of your comfort zone will help you recover. Stand by your back door, then step out the next day, and so on. Its so important you do this. Remember, you didnt always feel like this...you can be that person again. You will have set backs, but dont give up. You can PM me anytime.

I know you must be physically and mentally drained, especially with a family to care for, but you need to take a deep breath and go for it. I was so scared those first couple of monthes..but here I am a year later...and Ive enjoyed a camping trip, a day trip to London, a Spa weekend.....oh it was so good to "live" again. Sometimes it wasnt comfortable, (Legoland-nightmare), but I decided to take my dizzyness and anx with me, and .......did it anyway.

You can do this. Nothing bad will happen. You need to take that first "step"...how about trying tomorrow? Best wishes, love Paula x