PDA

View Full Version : tea making palps worse?

daisycake
17-02-11, 14:34
I'm really dizzy and heart going all over the place and feel spaced out with chest discomfort and gas - feel like I am floating almost. Could the fact I've had 2 cups of tea cause this? I don't usually have a lot of caffeine at all... I'm all cold and sweaty too - and am beginning to think the worst.

allergyphobia
17-02-11, 14:51
yes when i cut back on caffiene, when i had any it affected me a lot, did you have them quite close together?? this makes me feel quite sick, dizzy and spaced out and also hot/cold, caffience increases heart rate i think too? x

daisycake
17-02-11, 15:00
Yeah I think it must have - I've just missed the bus for my next class, my laptop bag's broken and I've just fallen UP a flight of concrete stairs... needless to say I'm not having a good afternoon

allergyphobia
17-02-11, 15:06
awh daisy!!!!! take some time out and breathe, you're just having a bad luck day, happens to the best of us :hugs:.. you'll be able to get notes for your class right? bag can be fixed or replaced...and well...at least you didn't fall down :) x

skippy66
17-02-11, 17:10
Haha I can relate. I had 2 cups of tea the other day, close to each other, and it caused bad skipped beats and generally feeling unwell.

These days I have 1 normal tea in the morning, then decaff for the rest of the day.

I find if I wake with a headache the caffeine from the first cup usually makes it better.

tinycritter
17-02-11, 18:01
I can definitely relate to this too, caffeine is the number one thing that makes my palpitations worse - so I get anxious and drink more tea to try and make myself feel better, which makes the palps worse, etc!!! :hugs:

jmoid
18-02-11, 17:11
If you like hot drinks, try some that don't have caffeine, if you haven't already. Mint tea is nice, camomile is thought to having calming properties although it's a bit of an acquired taste, and red bush tea is really nice, you can have it just like normal tea with milk and sugar if you like, I have it black with a bit of cinnamon and honey - lovely.

Typer
18-02-11, 18:58
I can relate too. I have only decaf tea these days