PDA

View Full Version : dreams

melvin
17-02-11, 20:00
can anyone tell me if they have dreams .where they like half asleep and half dreaming . its like keeping me awake at night it drives me mad like im talking to myself. in the end i have to get up .

scaredstiff695
17-02-11, 20:06
kinda i get dreams where i feel awake and like its happening in real life. is this what you mean?

RLR
17-02-11, 22:43
Experiencing the state between wake proceeding toward the sleep cycle is known as hypnogogia. The state between the sleep cycle proceeding toward the waking state is known as hypnopompia.

Many people find themselves responding to dream content and at some point being able to more appropriately distinguish between reality and dreaming, the consequence of which is typically a startle response or hypnic jerk reaction. It is very common in persons suffering from exhaustion or poor quality sleep. It does not constitute a sign of trouble.

If you continue to experience either form of the disturbance, speak with your primary care physician about a trial prescription of a sleep hypnotic to help you sleep better.

A formal sleep study is also an option if symptoms grow worse.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Baster9
18-02-11, 16:31
kinda i get dreams where i feel awake and like its happening in real life. is this what you mean?

I have some vivid dreams and I can't tell if I am sleeping or not then I'll wake up for like 10 sec and realize that before was a dream and because of tiredness I'll fall asleep after that 10 sec and again dreaming some very vivid dreams, like it's real, then when I awake I got doubt if it's dream like 20-30 seconds... It's really scary though... Does anyone have these similar dreams ?

melvin
18-02-11, 19:26
this might sound strange i don't think im losing it lol. but its like im talking and i get frustrated the talking wakes me up . does anyone else get this

suzy-sue
18-02-11, 19:53
Yes often ..lol the conversation is usually a load of rubbish too and doesnt make sense :wacko: ..I get it when im overtired . Suex