PDA

View Full Version : OMG what does this mean!?!

JoniEdwards
18-02-11, 00:57
So the I went if for my yearly physical today everything is great except shr told me I have Fibrous Breasts and have to go for a mammogram....I dont want to google this, but what does this mean?? I asked her and she said nothing to worry about, shes just being through....

Im freaking out!!! Is this cancer?

mellissa
18-02-11, 03:43
Fibrous is just a fancy word for extra tissue. Sometimes it's hard and they just want to make sure you got no "cancer" hiding in the hard tissue.

mellissa
18-02-11, 03:43
:D
Fibrous is just a fancy word for extra tissue. Sometimes it's hard and they just want to make sure you got no "cancer" hiding in the hard tissue.

JoniEdwards
18-02-11, 06:42
Does that mean I'm more likely to get cancer? Does that mean I already have it? I can't sleep I'm so scared :weep:about this whole thing

nomorepanic
18-02-11, 11:30
One of my boobs is more fibrous than the other - it is nothing bad and does not mean cancer or anything like that.

AngelHeart
18-02-11, 12:17
I have the same in one breast also and a couple of years ago had to have a scan and fluid sample taken for a lump found only to be harmless which dissappeard several months after. I check my breasts regulary and the lumps in my breast come and go. I know its very worrying hun, but please try and be reassured by what your dr has said. It doesn't mean either that you are more prone to cancer.

xxxx

macc noodle
18-02-11, 18:11
Yep I too have lumpy boobs and have had mammograms (scary I know, but once you have had it done and get the peace of mind you will be fine) - just because you have lumpy boobs does not mean you are going to get cancer or be more pre-disposed to it.

I too have occasions when I think OMG there is definitely something there and guess what next few days - gone - nothing.

Relax hon, you will be fine I am sure.

Jan

:hugs: