PDA

View Full Version : Stomach bug - trying to keep it together

Annabelle
18-02-11, 06:10
Hi all
so I've caught a stomach bug off my bfs nephew, the bf has it as does his mum and brother in law and now me. Even though I know what it is the feeling of not being in control is testing me a lot! Firstly I hate being sick - nit quite phobic but it freaks me out. I've endured the 5 hours of nausea and I'm now on the being sick every hour bit which in some ways is better cos least you feel a bit better after the being sick bit! Anyway it's this feeling of being out of control and I'm scared that as u can't eat I'm going to faint which is a huge phobia for me. And I'm worried about being on my own when mum goes to work later
all in all feeling pretty shaky and need some reassurance :(

b4eve
18-02-11, 09:08
If you really don't fancy food then you shouldn't force yourself but did you know that they've changed the advice for sickness and diarrhoea and they now say that you don't have to routinely starve yourself as treatment, it doesn't seem to make a difference either way.

My son came down with sickness overnight so I daresay we all have it to look forward to now :(

Annabelle
18-02-11, 10:29
Thanks for your reply
I've been sipping lucozade and nibbling Ginger biscuits but I'm still burping like mad and dry retching ( sorry tmi!) even just water makes me queasy! Hoping it's just a 24 hour thing and will be over soon cos I've just about got a handle on the anxiety but I can't bear this nausea.
Thank you for listening, it means a lot to not feel alone
xx

b4eve
18-02-11, 10:48
My son is now bouncing around and full of the joys of spring! Never met a child so resiliant (he's five and he has autism and he's super bouncy and happy). I bet if the rest of us get it we won't be shaking it off so well