PDA

View Full Version : Worried and fed up

Jo2211
18-02-11, 06:30
Hi everybody.
My name is Joanne and I have just turned 30.
I guess you could say I have always been a "worrier" but over the last 4 months I have started to suffer with anxiety about absolutely everything!
I think the trigger was losing my grandmother to lung cancer in november....during this horrific time I watched her suffer and was with her when she died. this has left me traumatised and obsessed with death and the big question of what happens next. These thoughts are controlling my life and making it impossible to enjoy things I onced loved because i think "whats the point? I could die any minute" My grandmother went into hospital with pneumonia and died in hospital a week later aged 68 so I think this has frightened me beyond belief.I have seen my GP who has put my on citalopram (initially 20mg but increased to 30mg 2 weeks ago)
Anxiety for me presented itself in breathlessness (comes and goes, feel like i need to catch my breath even when i'm relaxed) feelings like i'm not real and i'm floating, feelings of impending doom and convincing myself i have cancer.
I would be interested to hear if anyone has had any similar experiences to me.
Does anyone have backache from breathing difficulties? Citalopram is helping with the low mood and some of the anxiety but not the breathlessness (still get that from time to time)

Please help!!

nomorepanic
18-02-11, 06:32
Hi Jo2211

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jessicalittler79
18-02-11, 19:05
i have bad back pain hun from not breathing right

Vanilla Sky
18-02-11, 23:10
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x