View Full Version : I am so scared

leeroy
18-02-11, 11:13
Today seemed to start so well.... i woke up and thought today is the day I beat this nonsense.... with my choking phobia i thought I would tackle some nice smooth creamy scrambled egg, so i went and whacked some music on nice and loud singing along feeling very upbeat... i startyed cooking the eggs but the pan must have had burnt stuff init as loads of little black bits went into the egg.... not to bother i threw it away got in the car and went to get some more i started to feel a bit anxious in the shops but wasn't a big one

went home cooked my eggs and as soon as i ate them voilan a panic attack that has been on and off now for 40 + minutes... I am so scared today as my gf and my sister are both in work and my parents are away on holiday so there really isn't anyone to turn to and i get so scared being alone when I feel like this

the doctor gave me beta blockers but i rarely suffer with a racing heart and i reaaly wanna takew them but scared they will slow my heart too much

I ahve really fallen into the terrible habit of fueling this now :weep:

what can i do????

Headdown
18-02-11, 11:16
I'm having one right now too, I'd suggest taking the beta blocker though. I'm not a huge fan of pills but I've been given some and just took one and they seem to help. They do more than just change your heart rate (I believe).

If not then try and take your mind off things, I'm stuck at work but surfing around 10 different pages at the same time!

One thing that was suggest to me ages ago is to look at an object and try and think of its history, where was it made, how did it start off, how did it get to you. Maybe give that a try?

leeroy
18-02-11, 11:28
I'm having one right now too, I'd suggest taking the beta blocker though. I'm not a huge fan of pills but I've been given some and just took one and they seem to help. They do more than just change your heart rate (I believe).

If not then try and take your mind off things, I'm stuck at work but surfing around 10 different pages at the same time!

One thing that was suggest to me ages ago is to look at an object and try and think of its history, where was it made, how did it start off, how did it get to you. Maybe give that a try?

thatnks for responding... i hope your panic attack is/has faded mine is turning out to be a very long one with peaks and trofs ... i really do feel like i am losing it today i have, i can't concerntrate on anything

luckily I aint in work, but back on monday (that'll be fun)

i know the beta blockers are supposed to good for general relaxation also, it's just my heat rate doesn't feel at all high right now and it certianly isn't pounding (i shouldnt be checking it i know) I just dont want the beta blockers to slow it down to where it'll become too slow plus im sure you're supposed to eat when you take them

I am really questioning who i am right now, cant stop thinking about when i was younger before all this began

allergyphobia
18-02-11, 11:41
Hi Leeroy, me again!

Please look back at some of my early threads and then my recent posts on my successes. I really feel for you, but you can win this battle step by step x

leeroy
18-02-11, 11:53
Hi Leeroy, me again!

Please look back at some of my early threads and then my recent posts on my successes. I really feel for you, but you can win this battle step by step x

hi again :)

ok i will have a goosey gander at your post history

i know this can be beaten, I have done it myself in the past

right now though i feel like a little kid, panic attacks are scary enough but with no one i am close to to turn to right now its all the worse.... yesterday when my gf was about to head back to her place I felt utter dread, worry and sadness and nearly started to cry... i got so desperate to be near to her that I drove her to to her place in the city centre during rush hour and then sat in her place for a couple of hours... i just couldnt bear to be alone

Headdown
18-02-11, 11:53
With the beta blockers, I think the heart rate is just part of it, they work by stopping adrenaline, with me my symptoms are very rarely heart rate, its all about breathing too fast, dizzyness, tense neck, trembling and the pills help with all that. But if you don't want to take one you wont so I'll leave that up to you :)

Oh to be home, I envy you. I'd just put some TV on and try and let it all pass, and it will pass soon enough. Have a bath if you can! That's me just projecting my new flat doesn't have one and I miss them!

leeroy
18-02-11, 12:00
With the beta blockers, I think the heart rate is just part of it, they work by stopping adrenaline, with me my symptoms are very rarely heart rate, its all about breathing too fast, dizzyness, tense neck, trembling and the pills help with all that. But if you don't want to take one you wont so I'll leave that up to you :)

Oh to be home, I envy you. I'd just put some TV on and try and let it all pass, and it will pass soon enough. Have a bath if you can! That's me just projecting my new flat doesn't have one and I miss them!

it sounds and is riduculous but I dont wanna take the beta blockers when there is no one around in case they have a neagtive effect

I was toying with the idea of a bath and have calmed down to some extent, so may give it a go.... only to rub your nose in it of course lol

allergyphobia
15-03-11, 12:12
just wondered how you are doing now leeroy?

Miss Kitty
15-03-11, 12:37
Hi Leeroy

I can't take beta blockers due to being asthmatic so my GP prescribed me Pregabalin (Lyrica) and they seem to help with the panic