PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy, unsteady feelings

marlnumbeone
18-02-11, 12:41
Worse thing for me is the dizzy/unsteady feelings i have when out, feel as if i'm going to fall over! and as if i cant turn my head, hate people walking towards me as i feel they can see me looking unsteady, how to cope? help anyone?:weep:

Pinkella
18-02-11, 13:02
Sounds like anxiety....I use to get that dizzy feeling, my doc said i was hyperventilating...I was given some breathing exercises to do when i felt the dizziness coming on...and they worked really well....don't get me wrong it didn't go over night...it took perseverance...

margaret jones
18-02-11, 13:06
Hi not a nice feeling I suffer from it but not always. Mine is usually if my anxiety is high or if i I have had a bad head cold and my ears are blocked .

Like you I thought people could see how unsteady I was feeling but so far nobody has commented or presumed I am drunk :blush: my advice is try and relax and walk tall .

jessicalittler79
18-02-11, 13:32
i have this everyday allday hun not sure whats going on ....i hear its anx hun but its an awfull feeling tc hope u feel better soon....o yea do u have this when trying t walk

marlnumbeone
20-02-11, 19:07
Hi, yes, i do get this when trying to walk...am afraid of becoming housebound with it!, i love to walk too!. thanks everyone for your kind replies, and you advise, i have been given breathing exercises too, but although easy to do in the house, cant seem to apply them when i'm outside..........i dread seeing anyone i know and if they stop and want talk!,, i feel so dreadful just standing without anything to lean on, and feel sure i am going to fall.

but knowing you are out there for support is great.......thanks all, and i hope we'll keep on contacting each other for help and guidance :bighug1:hugs to all xx

marlnumbeone
03-03-11, 07:31
Hi friends, good early morning, just thinking of everyone and thought i would write, how is everyone?. I had a good day last Friday!, managed to go down to my local pub and watch a band play, and managed to stand all night!!, what an achievement!...but, ALL downhill since then!..........depressing isnt it?, does this happen to any of you out there?, 1 step forward, 10 back!, of course because i'm not really dealing with it properly i guess. i look forward to hearing from any of you folks, no one ever seems to be on line......get in touch folks, i want to know how you are aswell and any help is appreciated. xx

Chriswebster
03-03-11, 08:18
Hello. I also get the dizzy thing and I know how you feel with it. It is anx related. Happens in meetings at work, at gigs, in restaurants, at home you name it.
Used to freak me out but have learnt to live with it mostly but sometimes still gets me nasty.
Take heart though. It's not 1 step forward 10 back. Your achievement last Fri was 20 forward. Take a real lift from that and at your own pace plan another with a friend who understands. Have a good day.
Chris

lollypopgirl1981
03-03-11, 13:50
hi, ive had the unsteady feeling for 4 years now, its horrid, i can say like chris i just deal with it now, im kinda use to it, still like chris gets you thinking...the thing is i always remember the places it happens then you tend to avoid that place for it happening again, but ive found my not avoiding that place where it happens you kinda fight it off...if that makes sense.. for the first few months i didnt know what was going on, then you think all the bad thoughts that cause it, brian tumor / ms / stokes/ everything....i still think at the back of my mind brian tumor, but have to tell myself no its not, ive had eyes checked, bloods never scan mri or ct as to scared funny thou...i know if i had one and it would be clear then im sure the dizzys would stop... anyways, i can relate....but just try to ignore it and like chris says plan again something...take care...the more you think of it the more your feel it. x

Pudding
03-03-11, 14:20
Hi there, I'm suffering with this badly too at the moment. I go quite rigid with fear and like you cannot seem to turn my head. Crossing the road is difficult when you feel like this too. I have also suddenly developed a feeling of motion after even a short car journey, just 10-15 miles or so, we stop get out and within a few minutes I have a wobbly. Sometimes it's short lived and sometimes seems to linger. It's very off putting and starting to restrict the distance I will go. I've never been travel sick and I'm 58 so not likely to start now surely.

Anyway, just to say I know how you feel.

marlnumbeone
05-03-11, 09:41
Thanks all for your replies and support. Pudding am the same age as you so you begin to think, is it my age!, but not so obviously. thanks for that lollypop gal, i try to ignore it when walking, but its hard to do, it seems to take over everything i do!. have to go to go through the stress of a tribunal in a week's time, to say i'd rather have my head pulled off would be an understatement!. when i can feel the dizzies coming on i try to think of something else, but my brain wont let me at the moment, perhaps best just to go through it?. seeing someone coming towards me is a nightmare unless i've taken meds before i go out. anyways its good to know i'm not alone, although i wish you all werent going through it of course!. let you get on with your day now, and hope its a good one for all of us. xx

Mazzmate
05-03-11, 19:18
Hi All, have to say that this dizzy feeling has been happening to me the past couple of weeks, I was painting skirting board, feeling really quite a lot better than in in the past, and as I stood up I felt faint, well, all intelligence and common sense went out of the window and panic returned very slowly at first but has built up gradually until now it has taken me over completely. I am getting butterflies in my stomach, diarrhoea, nausea, shivers under my skin, feel so disappointed. Also concerned that it may have something to do with coming off Citalopram. Have only been on 10mgs for last six months, having reduced from 20mgs because it just made me ill. Anyway I did the reduction properly....I think....went down slowly to one every other day, then one every 3 days, then one every four days, then stopped, surely my body was ready by then. Last Cit taken on18th Feb, and my first dizzy spell was 22nd Feb, any advice or info please, would be gratefully received. thanks :weep:

marlnumbeone
10-04-11, 11:49
Hi everyone, not been on here for a while, how is everyone?, i'm still suffering with the off balance feelings, now have a 'thumping heart beat' toboot!!!............can things get any worse!!, well i guess there's many worse off, just makes you think............why me!, and how to cope with it all, any suggestions on a good book to read that i can relate to?, hope you've all enjoyed some sunshine this weekend anyway. i've been out....but can only manage after taking meds.:D

zepp17
09-08-18, 02:22
Well, first time I have ever read a blog and found EXACTLY the same issue I have been experiencing ON and OFF for over 20 years. Sometimes I think it is all in my mind, and then other times I am 120% positive everything I am feeling is VERY physical (although to my surprise I have never actually fallen over - yet).
Can anyone shed any light on what this is? What can be done?
I have tried to mention it to GP's over the years but found it difficult to explain and ended up with them looking at me like I am an idiot so I gave up.
Does anyone know is this related to vertical heterophobia? or Vestibular disorders? or Meniere’s?

Very interested to hear from you.

jray23
09-08-18, 04:10
Could very well be a vestibular issue such as Meniere's, although I believe hearing weakness//loss is associated with Meniere's. GP isn't usually going to know much about these things. You'll need to see an ENT, they can usually help. Although a lot of vestibular problems are considered idiopathic - i.e. unknown cause.

As someone who has my own vestibular issue...I feel your "pain"! Of course, anxiety causes balance problems quite often...but 20 years seems to be a darn repeatable issue!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk