PDA

View Full Version : Eye & Temple pain

uk23
18-02-11, 18:17
I fell asleep with a hair dryer on last night, woke up and my eyes hurt, nose is running and temples hurt as well. The mucus is clear and NHS Direct said it doesnt sound bacterial, more that I dried out my sinuses and the natural response is to flood the area with mucus.

I am still anxious about it though :(

macc noodle
18-02-11, 18:23
Piers

How on earth does anyone fall asleep with the hair dryer on??????????

You are lucky it did not burn out :D

Get out in the fresh air and fill your lungs!

Jan
x

mark01234
23-02-11, 10:40
Referred Pain

It’s a 19th century notion that headaches result from contraction of the muscles or blood vessels in the scalp. Decades of research by Travell and Simons have shown that headaches rarely have anything to do with the head itself and usually don’t have a true medical cause, unless a result of disease or injury.
Virtually all common headaches are simply pain referred from trigger points in muscles of the jaw, neck, and upper back. Trigger points characteristically send their pain to some other place.
This physical distance between cause and effect is why headaches have always been so mysterious and hard to deal with. Conventional treatments for pain so often fail because they focus on the pain itself. They treat the site of the pain while overlooking and failing to treat the cause, which may be some distance away. Headaches are a classic example of referred pain.