PDA

View Full Version : bladder issues?

pinkynicca
19-02-11, 03:39
hey guys, so first i have quit smoking its been 49 days today, and it has taken away soooo many anxiety symptoms its crazy!!! i feel so much better, i have a question to see if anybody can relate... past week or so i have been having this feeling of pressure and soreness on the bladder area, waistline... and horrible back pain, mid to low back, i went to the doctor today for a unrine test came back negative, side note i have had the back pain off and on for years so i dont know if they are related or not, i have been frequently urinating slight difcomfort when urinating everything seems to be working alright, just the feeling is worrying me sick... im 24 so the chances of it being bladder or prostate cancer are slim to none the doc said, but thats not gonna stop me from freaking out.. sorry kind of long.. any ideas? thanks guys

Chem
21-02-11, 00:55
Congratulations on quitting smoking. Wish I could!

If your Doc has tested you for infections, it is possible that you are anticipating discomfort and there is really no pain as you urinate. However, if this continues and you still feel anxious, I suggest you go back to the Doc.

harasgenster
21-02-11, 13:03
Hi
I'm more and more wondering whether bladder problems can be a psychosomatic problem that anxiety sufferers get?

Don't let this stop you from going to the doc if it doesn't get better because you do need to get checked out.

I suffer from overactive bladder and I think a few others do here as well. Additionally there's been a few other people complaining of general bladder problems so there may be a connection with anxiety. I am certainly open minded that my problems could be psychosomatic.

I'm no doctor, though, I'm just making the connection because there seems to be a few posts on here about it!

Hope you feel better soon :)