PDA

View Full Version : Found this while googling my "symptoms"

Need2Live
19-02-11, 04:39
Funny thing, I stumbled upon this website when searching symptoms and after searching the site thought it might help me to join and get some support with my health anxiety. It has only started recently and it is very depressing. I have been 'suffering' from health anxiety since the end of 2010. It has gotten ridiculous where I find a new thing to worry about on a daily basis. I think it started because of several factors (a trip to the ER, stress from not working, too much time on my hands). I have recently decided to take charge some kind of way, like exercising and changing my diet because I am overweight so I know if I start making healthier choices, I will ultimately feel better and know I'm feeding my body correctly and giving it activity rather then being sedentary.

I have a bad habit, like most people it seems, to research my symptoms on google. That's always a bad idea because it feeds the worse thoughts in my mind. Things have been so bad lately, I've noticed the urge (and followed through with at times) to count my pulse rate.
It's a cycle of sort, I think. I think it started with mild depression and the worrying makes me depressed... I've even thought about trying to see a doctor and seeing if I can get a full body scan to see if anything is going on that I don't know about....Realistically, I won't do that but I wish I could, lol.

I've called this anxiety "the enemy." A/K/A The DEVIL. I'm a spiritual person and fully believe this is the Devil's work plagueing me with thoughts regarding my health and also telling me I'll fail in getting my health in line...

Another funny thing, I dated a guy in the past who was diagnosed with OCD (only after we broke up) and he would worry about outward things affecting his health and I always wondered how someone could be that way and live a life like that. That was actually a big reason why I broke up with him and now I'm finding myself in a similar situation to his but my worry comes from within rather then outward.

Anyway, I may be around now and then. Thanks for reading :)

diane07
19-02-11, 04:47
Hi Need2Live

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
19-02-11, 21:40
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

hypochondriac
20-02-11, 08:25
Hello,
I found this site by googling some symptoms too
And yes i agree googling symptoms is quite bad because you end up fearing the worst
I hope you get help with your anxiety
x

Need2Live
20-02-11, 20:06
Thank you. I hope you do also. My anxiety level is low right now but still in the back of my mind constantly. I feel better in the day time and because someone is with me.

KelHumphreys
20-02-11, 20:47
I too have health anxiety since i started with ibs last year and I too thought about a full body dcsb. insteaf ive just enrolled in a cbt course. I've also read Overcoming Health Anxiety by Rob Willing snd David Veal which really helped me - its available on Amazon. I'll keep you posted how I get on with cbt! I really know how you feel though - hugs to you Xx