PDA

View Full Version : 9/10 weeks on meds and not sure

JGJ
19-02-11, 12:36
Hello advice please been taking sertaline for 9/10 weeks and not sure how i feel just dont feel like me i dont get sad,happy i dont laugh im not intrested in any thing i cant think about about anything and feel counfused i do stuff im meant to do and dont have anxiety but just cant workout how i feel i feel not like me can anyone relate im thinking its the meds but im too worried about stopping them thanks

JGJ
19-02-11, 16:04
any one please really need help

ditzygirl
19-02-11, 16:09
mmm i think persevering may be the way forward. It really can take a while for them to make you feel better.

Why dont you discuss how you feel with your GP, maybe your dose isn't right or maybe there is a drug to suit you better.

Whatever you do- don't just stop the sertraline, that could have awful consequences.

hope this helpsx

Patsta
19-02-11, 21:36
Hi JGJ,
I have been back on sertraline now for 2 weeks, and I know what you mean by not feeling like yourself. Like you, my anxiety is slowly easing, but I just don't feel right. I feel quite depressed and numb. I am on 50mg, although in the past I have also been on 100mg. I know that it will get better as time goes, as it has done in the past. What I truly believe is that we need to learn to have fun again. When we get so caught up in our anxiety, we forget how to laugh and have fun...because we are so consumed by our symptoms...Its up to us to correct this, which is what I am really struggling with at the moment. I know I need to find something for me, something that makes me happy, rather than just being a mum, cleaner, cook, wife etc..
Don't stop your meds...just give them a little more time...you will see...you'll come good!
Good Luck
Patty

pauluk43
10-03-11, 18:47
i know what you mean. ive been on 200mg now for well over 3 months and i feel nothing has changed and when i go drs its the same thing try them longer give it more time. my doc started me on 100, then 150 then 200.