PDA

View Full Version : Panic in the night

Catalyst
19-02-11, 13:04
I've been suffering with heartburn for a few weeks, last night I woke up with the burning in my chest. Then it suddenly felt like my arms were burning too (in waves). I got up and went to the loo, then I suddenly started shivering uncontrollably. It wasn't cold at all!

I had an overwhelming urge to go to A&E, but I reasoned that this was probably just my 'fight or flight' instinct kicking in. I figure it must have been a panic attack, brought on by my worry about the heartburn? I managed to calm down enough to get back to sleep eventually & I feel a bit better today. (The same thing happened during the night 3 weeks ago). I hadn't had a panic attack for years before this - and they always used to feel different (heart racing, dizziness, difficulty breathing). This was a new experience for me, but do you think it still sounds like panic? Can it feel different during the night?

I'm going to go to the doctor on monday about the heartburn anyway.

mark1980
20-02-11, 06:43
Hi. For some reason I've started having these panic attacks at night too - it's awful, waking up and panicking like mad. I too get acid reflux, which i take lansoprazole for but its not working at the moment.
I know exactly how you feel and I'd also be interested to know how other people feel when it happens at night. Not much fun at all.
Hope your feeling better now anyway

Catalyst
22-02-11, 18:45
Thanks for reply.

I've been ok the last couple of nights thankfully! I went to doctor today to discuss acid & other symptoms. Got omneprozole (sp?) but I'm also having a blood test on thursday for h-pylori, so not going to start taking it yet (cos I think it interferes with the result). All my tests always come back negative, but I kind of hope this one will be positive, as I understand its easy to cure! Be nice to have a simple answer for once.

Sorry to hear your lansoprozole isn't working, hope you feel better soon. x