PDA

View Full Version : long virus - help

jothenurse
19-02-11, 16:01
I'm really having a hard time with my anxiety and this virus I have. I went back to the clinic yesterday, because I have had a fever for a week. Not a high one, just low grade, but it hasn't gone away. Still have coughing/congestion, but that is a little better. They drew blood (everything looked good) and took a chest x-ray. The NP said it looked good, she didn't see any pneumonia, but the radiologist would need to look at it. Of course, now it's the weekend, and won't know until Monday. She couldn't hear anything in my lungs, and just did the x-ray to make sure. She said she thought the x-ray looked good, but it still needs to be confirmed. My anxiety has gone sky high. I keep worrying, what if I get pneumonia? when can I go back to work? Just very scared. I do get a little short of breath at times, but everything checks out pretty good. I can get short of breath with my anxiety, and she said it could also just be muscular. She made me take one of my ativans when I was there yesterday, which I only take if I need it now. Hadn't taken it for a few weeks. Just very scared I won't get better.

sammi
20-02-11, 11:31
I know exactly how u feel I've had a virus for a while now and it doesn't seem to be gettin any better in fact I woke up this morning with an even worse sore throat than what I already had I've got no energy really bad cough headache etc . Now I'm sat worrying if its guna turn into something worse. All your tests look good so that's a good sign, you will get better these viruses just like to hang around for a bit :) x

jothenurse
20-02-11, 20:47
Thanks for your reply. Didn't have a fever yesterday or today so far, so I'm hoping that means it's getting better. Made myself get some groceries, which is hard to do even when I don't have a virus. Have to go back to work tomorrow. Will have to work through some anxiety to do that. This virus has left me very tired.

sammi
20-02-11, 22:06
I'm sure you will be fine hun:) yes it can leave you feeling very tired I know exactly how u feel. Good luck at work tomorrow but I'm sure you will be ok and well done on going out and getting groceries not easy when your unwell xx