PDA

View Full Version : emetophobia / Anti-sickness medicine !!

honeyp1e
19-02-11, 19:56
am just wondering how many of us emets are on anti-sickness meds do they help and how often do you take them ??

i have always had Prochlorperazine 5mg 3times a day but i usually take when needed but yesterday i got Motilium domperidone 10mg to take 3times a day not taken any yet has anyone tried these if so how are they ??

Kells81
19-02-11, 20:24
Hiya

I have prochlorperazie as well but I have never taken them!

Do they make you feel better?

I have heard that Motilium is meant to be quite good, I am tempted to get it from the pharmacy myself.

xxx

HelenLouise
19-02-11, 22:19
I love Motilium!

The melts are the best and they really work!

I have Prochlorperazine off the doctor and also Buccastem which you can get from a pharmacy!

xxx

honeyp1e
19-02-11, 22:59
I have not yet tried the motilium but the prochlorperaazine are good i only take them when needed am meant to take the motilium 3times daily as am suffering with bad stomach right now and acid / nausea due to my coeliac diease and just no appetite so i dont no if these will help me to eat ??

honeyp1e
19-02-11, 23:01
I love Motilium!

The melts are the best and they really work!

I have Prochlorperazine off the doctor and also Buccastem which you can get from a pharmacy!

xxx

do u take these when needed or 3times daily ? mine are the 10mg tablets

HelenLouise
20-02-11, 22:21
I did start to take them as it says on the box but then began to do it only as needed!

I like to keep them with me at all times though - just incase! xxx

bloxy
20-02-11, 22:55
I always have motilium in the cupboard at home, only ever use them when needed though. Have only ever had to take them once so far.

Angelai
23-02-11, 10:07
I carry motilium 10 with me EVERYWHERE! I take them only when needed, wouldn't be without them. Buy them from the pharmacy (Tesco is cheaper).

xxx

JaneC
23-02-11, 13:33
I'd personally recommend asking for Motilium on prescription, especially if you happen to be at your docs anyway. I paid £5 something for 10 or 12 pills in Boots but just got 84 on prescription for £3 (in Scotland, and prescrips here about to become free!)

ajones473@yahoo.com
31-10-12, 11:52
I always carry Motillium wherever I go. I don`t know how effective it is against stomach bugs, as I haven`t had one since I was 17, but I hope that if I did get one these pills would stop me from being sick.