PDA

View Full Version : Ocd health Anxiety

SET ME FREE
19-02-11, 22:28
Hi i am new here I'm 34 mother of two kids and have been experiencing different issues. I had my first panic attack 2 years ago and continued to have them for year, mine where night panic attacks and they were horrible, i ended up in A and E on several occasions, ive had 5 egs, all normal. I haveent had panic attack for 6 months but my fears have now moved to more general anxiety about my health, first it was lymp nodes, had a couple of threm checked at docs, scan, normal, have one in my neck that was checked doc said fine, but of course i dont believe them. Now my fear has moved to breast and bowel cancer worries. I checked my breasts, prod them and get terribly pasnickly thinking i can feel something awful. Cause i get IBS, i worry about bowel cancer and other day i prodded and pressed my stomach to see if i had any swelling, looked in mirror to see if both sides of my stomach looked and felt the same. Sometimes i check so much i waste hour in bathroom checking. Ive been on another website OCD uk, its quite useful but there are not many people on there with health anxiety. I just want to talk to other people like me?? I havent been to docs yet and dont have the courage to go. For me the mronings are the worst feel very low and moody when i wake up, then the worse part for me is getting ready in the bathroom, feeling prodding i hate it so much.

Thanks for listening.
L

diane07
19-02-11, 22:29
Hi SET ME FREE

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Bravedart
19-02-11, 23:33
Hi L

My name is Andrew and I'm a 33 year old father of two. I'm on just about to post about what I now think is health anxiety. I had my first ever panic attack in Dec and have been off work since with all sorts of symptoms. Based on those symptoms and how I feel I'm now having all sorts of thoughts about what may be wrong with me. I'll not go into it in detail here but just wanted to say you are not alone in worrying to the point of panic about your health. I totally understand how you feel and how difficult this can be. I know its difficult but if you are stressing about a particular issue I would try and go to the docs. I know you may dismiss any results that come back negative but at least you will have that in the back of your mind when your worrying. You'll find lots of help here. I'm here if you want to chat. Take care. Andrew :hugs:

nomorepanic
20-02-11, 00:36
Hi

You may be interested in these two things I have in the online shop here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=238

and

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=76&products_id=281

:welcome: anyway