PDA

View Full Version : Can never say whats wrong

messianictalmud
19-02-11, 23:45
I find as a sufferer of g.a.d I find really hard t oexplain to people why I am down, this then makes them feel as though am shutting them out, then I feel guilty is this normal ?

vicky23
20-02-11, 13:54
I think it's normal, General anxiety disorder is very hard to understand because in it's simplest form it is just an over worrying state. However of course this does not come close to explaining the nightmare that people with GAD go through.
My parents say that I should talk more but I've always been an introverted person who finds it hard to open up so yes there have been times when I've felt guilty about how they must be feeling.
I guess the only solution is to tell them in the best way you can 'I find it very hard to open up but that is something I'm working on please be patient with me I love you and am very grateful for your support' something to that effect so the person knows that it's not their fault, it's not that you don't trust them.
Or how about getting something from the internet that you feel sums up how you feel, or a book about GAD and maybe that will help them understand. just by giving them the book is a step in the right direction.

laurajo
20-02-11, 18:28
This sounds normal to me.....
Sometimes we just need to shut off from the world and that sometimes means pushing away those who care about us. Try and just tell them you need some space for a bit and that you'll be back with them as soon as you can.:)