PDA

View Full Version : phobia of drunk noisey people/ blaring music

mrfunk
20-02-11, 01:51
hi, im new here

i came across this website quiet randomly

i googled what i was going through, and found an old post on here of somebody who`d gone through similar to me, i didnt think it was possible, anyway that thread was from many years ago, and not exactly the same as my issue, so i registered here with a somewhat `relieved heart` and decided to create this thread

since around 2008, mid 2008 ive developed a phobia for things such as drunk people, loud boozy people, music blaring, doors banging,
anything which comes under the `boozy` or `anti social `category, i have a phobia of, i wouldnt call it `intolerance` , its more a fear, i feel very uncomfortable when i hear music blaring, and it seems that almost every flat or houseshare i live in, theres a selfish housemate in the room next door or room above, that likes to blast music at all hours, and upon me complaining im told `nah theres nothing wrong with it`.

ive just moved into a new place which is a very small house, the rooms are right next to each other, you can hear every creak of floorboard, now constantly about 11pm, the indian flatmate has his friend over and you can hear them laughing and singing and banging around, playing music at midnight, and of course it comes blasting through the walls!

ive asked the housemate to keep it down, but the boozyness and constant creaking and banging is really making me nervous

i seriously cant deal with this, im a fairly young guy and have my whole life ahead of me, but this huge phobia of music blasting through a wall/room and people crashing around in a house, is seriously ruining my life!

why do people have to be like this? why cant they allow other PAYING housemates in peace, why the need to have tons of `mates` round every night to stumble around the house and show no consideration whatsoever...

out of the 8 houseshares ive been in, 5 have been like this, and its almost ALWAYS guys who do this

ugh, anyone gone through similar

any replies really appreciated

thanks

loveletter
20-02-11, 22:53
Have a similar thing I have never told anyone at all about.
Mine goes a bit more on then what you have wrote as I have what you are saying but I feel in danger as think there maybe a fight and my family could somehow be drawn into it.
If I can hear a party or drunk people going by I shake with fear.
I have moved out of the city 2 years ago as I was so bad with it and now live in a village with about 10,000 people here and I live in a road with only 6 houses in it and it is a dead end so no passers by and feel so much better now.

nomorepanic
20-02-11, 23:41
I would suggest you try something like hypnotherapy for this specific problem to be honest.

It may help.

tomo777
20-02-11, 23:42
i fear people when they are drunk too, from past experiences because people are not themselves thats why i dont like it it makes me feel very nervous and just want to get away. mrfunk the only way i can see you resolving this problem is to get away from these people and start a fresh AGAIN i no, but maybe this time could be your resting place if you no what i mean. because odviuosly the indian guy and his friends are very inconsiderate and are prob not going to change anytime soon. or try to speak to your other housmates and see if he annoys them and get him out of there. take care tom

MiniatureDisasters
21-02-11, 21:55
I do similarly feel nervous in that kind of situation though I've managed to deal with it a lot better over the years. Luckily I haven't lived in places where it's quite that bad but times where people have been over I've been in my room feeling quite uncomfortable, the same when I end up in a train carriage or bus full of drunks. Can you possibly move to a smaller houseshare with more like minded people?

Nutmeg
21-02-11, 22:00
I'm sorry you have to put up with this... I'm lucky that only one of my hosuemates is drunk a lot and it's the only other girl in the house so I'm generally ok with that. I don't think it's that uncommon. I have really bad issues with it. Even if I've been drinking I can't stand drunk people I just start panicking if they're near me. I'm afraid I can't offer much advice except that when it happen in my house I just shove my headphones in and lock my door.