PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks every night getting me worried now :o(

*clare*
20-02-11, 05:11
It's that time in the morning again when i seem to wake with panic. Heart already raing on waking :weep: Sometimes it goes into a full blown attack other times i can breathe it out.
I'm just getting really worried now as they are every night, this has gone on for anout 2 weeks now. I've had the odd one in the past but nothing like this.
I know some of you have them at night but does anyone get them every night, i just need the reassurrance that all will be ok. :)

Chem
21-02-11, 00:51
Hi. Pa's as you wake are horrid as you don't get time to register what they are before they take over. They're no different to attacks at any other time of day, though.

Have you seen your Doc? You don't say in your post.

macc noodle
21-02-11, 01:45
I used to try and go back to sleep when I woke with them - but the harder I tried the worse they got.

So now I just get out of bed and try and distract myself to see if they lessen - on the whole they do - some days faster than others.

It is just a matter of trying to find a technique that works for you.

Good luck - and see the doc if they persist. They may be able to offer some meds or counselling/therapy that might help.

Jan:D

*clare*
22-02-11, 00:00
Thanks, i've suffered health anxiety for 6 years so seen lots of docs, had lots of tests, had cbt last year when the attacks first started. I found it helped at first but lately ive been under alot of stress and they are coming pretty much every night in varied degrees.
I'm also pregnant and i think that may be making them worse......I'm going to see the doctor again but i'm not sure what they could do. I do deep breathing which is one thing i've found that helps, it's those thoughts that come with the attack that are the worst to fight off.

WILLIAMthedude
26-02-11, 17:42
Yup, every day for the past two weeks. Worst two weeks I've ever had... Gonna take some serious positive relaxing steps tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

shoegal
26-02-11, 18:15
I have been woken by panic attacks most nights for quite some time now. Luckily they don't frighten me and I am able to take a deep breath and fall back to sleep within minutes. I have always suffered from panic attacks but the night panics started when I split up with my partner. I think I was getting them because I was going through a lot of stress in my life and I was feeling unsure of myself. Are you going through a particularly difficult or stressful time at the moment?

Melissa429
10-03-11, 07:17
hi i wanted to say my parents watch this showed on discovery health i believe..any ways this guys had panic attacks at night and would wake up with heart racing and all that stuff.. for over a year or so doctors were thinking its panic attacks or heart problems..so one day i guess a doctor told him to have a SLEEP STUDY done..turns out while he is sleepin he is only getting like 20-40% oxygen and thats y he wakes up like that..he has sleep apnea ..im not saying you have that..cuz i have the same problem i wake up with my heart pounding...i havent had a sleep study as it cost almost 5 thousand dollars but im thinking about doing it just to see..but my feeling is its just panic but you never know...

isthisasgdasitgets
11-03-11, 22:24
yes I wake in the night with panic attacks, vivid dreams and nightmares...i just try to get myself to back to sleep...I don't feel rested in the morning though..

emmi86
15-03-11, 18:53
hi clare, i suffer with panic attacks on a night also, if its not fully blown panic that i feel then i feel pretty on edge and uncomfortable. The panic attacks only started several moths ago, before this i never had them and they all seemed to come together. Im begining to learn a little more as time goes on and the more often it happens that it only gets as bad as i let it, im learning to control them by keeping myself busy so i dont think about it as much, this tends to work for me, i find that the panic usually starts around the same time on an evening so i started to make sure i was busy doing somthing before this time, hope this helps u a little Good luck :)