PDA

View Full Version : Continued health anxiety and cold

phil06
20-02-11, 15:28
I have a cold at the moment feels like I'm dying..every day I feel there is something wrong or I'm undiagnosed and that's why I feel run down..I may be hypochondriac but can't convince myself it may just be anxiety..this cold has just shot my anxiety right up again.

I have resisted the doctors for a few months as I'd be going with a new illness every week..now I'd have a page long list..I think everything is wrong with me..not googled but I still fear..

Past few nights I fear going mad/losing my mind or just dying instantly..I become so tranced and spaced up in this anxiety I can't snap out of it. I can't help myself with any self help as I sit here worrying non stop. :blush:

amandaj
20-02-11, 16:10
a cold will make you feel run down ,ive got 1 at the mo aswell it makes you feel rubbish ,but it wont hurt you, try to think positive thoughts and not negative all the time and im sure you will feel a little better phil xx

macc noodle
21-02-11, 01:42
Well done Phil for resisting the docs - you might have a list as long as your arm but you are surviving aren't you ?:)

Colds are miserable little devils for helping our health anxiety rev up and cause us more stress ! You need a little TLC - hot toddies, warm baths, hot water bottles, a good book, whatever makes you feel cosy and comforted.:winks:

Try and keep positive and trust that once the cold has gone and you are back to full strength, then your anxiety levels will drop and you will find them more manageable.

good luck

Jan
x:D

Mic
21-02-11, 12:24
yep me too got a cold yuk I took it as an opportunity to rest from my anxiety and kept it on my mind I feel like this as I have an awful cold, it is good to think I'm dizzy because I have a cold my ears are blocked its the cold it's like giving anxiety the elbow for a week and I have found this helps Hope you are feeling better soon:hugs:

~glowly worm~
21-02-11, 13:49
Hey Phil :)

Reading your post totally struck a chord with me because Im battling similarly.
The others have given excellent advice and being as stuck as you i cant really do much more but echo that distraction is very helpful. I find it assists me from obsessing whether i have a temperature am getting worse and so forth.. Also helpful is recognising any signs i am getting better, it seems to relieve the anxiety a little and reverse the process. As is comparing hwo others react to colds/illness as have friends who just get on with things as usual which comforts me a bit. It can be ahrd to do that getting on with it thing but i find just doing a bit more than i thought i could sometimes helps me feel healthier and emphasises the facty i am getting better.

Sorry this is a jumble..

Thinking of you,

~Glowlyworm~ x

phil06
22-02-11, 18:02
Still got this cold..

Getting headaches, dizziness anybody else had this? :blush:

Mic
22-02-11, 20:10
Still got this cold..

Getting headaches, dizziness anybody else had this? :blush:
yes I have this at the moment a cold which won't budge, bunged up ears and nose and swaying feeling!!!! it sucks feel better soon.

~glowly worm~
23-02-11, 14:44
Me too :(