PDA

View Full Version : HA worse day after alcohol?

Mondie
20-02-11, 16:15
Just wanted to see if people's HA is worse the day after drinking alcohol? I went out last night and drank more than usual and this morning I feel so anxious. My fingers are tingling and I have an internal tremor (think I have MS!) Curious to see if other people suffer with this?

micka
20-02-11, 17:22
I have to avoid the stuff as i end up in A&E thinking that I'm having a heart attack. I used to have a good time before this crept in but i just don't touch the stuff because of the HA.

Micka

Surgical1969
20-02-11, 18:24
Hi Mondie. This is a completely normal response to alcohol hangover. You become hypoglycemic after drinking which increases cortisol (stress response) to increase body sugar. This is a sympathetic response so epinephrine is also released which increases your sensitivity to stimuli, increases heart rate, pupillary diameter, etc. Don't worry. Tomorrow you will be right as rain. If you want to speed up your recovery, drink lots of water and go exercise. I don't drink nearly as much as I once did for this very same reason. I hate the hangover feeling.

sammi
21-02-11, 16:02
Yep if I drink alcohol my anxiety is through the roof the next day not good at all x

mark1980
21-02-11, 16:37
Hi, Exactly the same for me. Alcohol stresses the nervous system with it's effects - for me it effects how 'panicked' I feel. A friend, who also has anxiety, has experienced several panic attacks that have coincided with hangovers so your definitely not alone here.

Personally I avoid those big drinking sessions nowadays as it's not worth the after effects! Hope your feeling better.

Tamsin
22-02-11, 04:28
Yep, I"m the same bloody anxiety goes through the roof,I don't have H/A though.