PDA

View Full Version : NLP (neuro Linguistic Programming)

Louise
02-04-06, 11:57
Has anyone tried NLP for Panic Disorder? Having spent years on NHS waiting lists for CBT (useful), Psychodynamics (dreadful rubbish), etc etc have decided enough is enough. Watched a few Paul McKenna programmes recently and what he says MAKES TOTAL SENSE to me. I have always believed that I have a faulty wiring problem in my brainbox, and NLP looks like it might hold the key. However, I think it might be looked at as contraversial - but its my mind and I'm willing to try it. BUT, the therapist I was recommended by the Paul McKenna team charges £150 an hour! Much as I think I'm worth it - I have some reservations - I may need help but I'm not a mug. Has anyone any experience of NLP or TFT (Thought Field Therapy) they want to share?

Karen
02-04-06, 20:57
Hi Louise

Have a read of the information here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=therapy) on the home pages of this site.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

henri
02-04-06, 23:01
Hi Louise,
I once had an NLP session to help me overcome my claustrophobia. I personally didn't find it very useful - there was a lot of 'close your eyes and imagine you are going back in time.. what do you see?' sort of stuff which i just couldn't take seriously. but to be fair, i think you would have to have more than one session to get any results.
if you are willing to spend the money, i would definitely recommend CBT. it's practical and really helps you tackle your issues head on.
these things are so personal - some people might have found NLP really helped. hope you find something that works for you,
henri x

Jenny
03-04-06, 10:58
Have you thought of buying Paul McKenna's book? Instant Confidence. It includes Mind-programming CD? You can get it from Amazon web site. £10. is better than £150.

Jenny xxx