PDA

View Full Version : Blimey - anxious again

kingswood
21-02-11, 11:29
I am anxious again after thinking I had it all sorted out! In October last year I had a virus like flu which left me with severe anxiety, the like of which I have never experience before - like being a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming lorry! Googling the symptoms sent me down the route of tetanus, MND, the ever present threat of cancer, MS, heart attack or any other life limiting illness which in my mind was a certainty! I got a grip on this after a few months with meditation and reading lots of spiritual books, which left me anxiety free and feeling great, but now I am off again thinking the worst. Even though I have got to grips with my other symptoms the visual disturbances are causing me no end of anxiety, even though I have been to an optician and had the all clear in terms of anything mechanically wrong with my eyes and even though all symptoms of post viral fatigue syndrome mention visual disturbance. What is it in me that prefers to believe that I have a RARE major illness and not a COMMON minor illness? Even though I have no proof of an impending disaster I feel there is one just waiting for me!! Maybe I just need to do more reading and somewhere amongst all the words will be the answer!:)

Mic
21-02-11, 12:20
Ditto, Hi I had a flu like virus last September time and that left me with severe anxiety too, had most of the symptoms which in time have left me one by one and if I do feel one of them coming on I can to extent ignore them and they pass, but and a big but the visual disturbance gets me down too, don't worry you are correct in saying it is the last symptom to go and also seems the one most people fear the most so perhaps this is why, I keep reading and it's strange as when I was at my worst I don't think I took the words in so every time I read the same book it seemed to give me more reason and hope, I too still think who am I trying to Kid I have got some awful brain problem, but for three weeks of those many months I felt my old self and then I started to look for symptoms and got some back, so up and onwards you will get better you will get rid of the visual probs and then still keep reading.:hugs:Having tooth ache is a mouth and head thing nowhere else, and if worst comes to worst having a tooth filled or removed (problem solved) having nervous illness is every single part of your body and your mind playing tricks so it is going to take some shifting and its a tough job to persuade our mind that these real physical symptoms are due to the nerves being so very sensitive so each twinge we have is magnified and things that we probably wouldn't even notice in none anxiety state feel like we have been kicked by a horse, anxiety is a bully and what we all have to aim to do is face it accept it as a temp thing in our life and whatever it throws at us turn the other cheek. I feel for each end every one of you on her as it is a truely awful illness keep up the good work and good luck.:)