PDA

View Full Version : Facial Flushing - anyone?

uk23
21-02-11, 16:11
Does anyone else get this, where your head feels like its hot?

Mark801
21-02-11, 17:31
Personally, I have social anxiety so whenever I have to do something like speak infront of a class, meet new people, parties, anything social basically, I get this.

Not a cool symptom cuz I literally feel the sweat leaking down my face lol.
It's the adrenaline doing this. Nothing to worry about. Try washing off your face with some nice cool water, you'd be amazed how much better you'll feel afterwards.

lindajane1971
21-02-11, 20:25
hi piers,
im not sure if its the same thing or not..... what i get is the feeling that i am "blushing" its not only on my cheeks but goes all over my head and lasts a few seconds, it does feel warm, so much so that i check in the mirror the colour i am as im sure that i must be bright red, but im not!!! its very weird :(

mark1980
21-02-11, 21:03
This is surreal. Just came on here as I've been having hot flushes in my face especially and was worried but after seeing the two previous posts I see I'm not alone, thank fully.

tomo777
21-02-11, 22:16
i have exactly the same as linda jane im allways checking in the mirror if i look red in the face its weneva im center of etention or sometimes for no reason i h8 it! i wear a hat pretty much 24 hours a day unless im sleeping or showring to help cover it up, cant go out without it. hope you get better tom

Zee
16-04-11, 21:42
Was wondering if anyone gets a jittery feeling when they have these hot facial flushes ?

Eamon
06-04-13, 13:21
I have experienced similar feelings. Feel like my face is burning and keep checking in the mirror and sometimes it is and sometimes not!
I don't know whether I should keep checking or just carry on.

Bickety
07-04-13, 08:47
Hi, this is the big thing thats been driving me crazy since Xmas. I feel my face burning up, sometimes it's tomato red. Its more often when i am inside, but ive always been a cold person, so struggling with th change, it doesnt feel like my body. Can't figure out a pattern to it though. I've had clear blood tests, but still very nervous about what's going on, could it really just be anxiety?

almamatters
07-04-13, 20:06
I get this when I speak in front of people, or I get it randomly for no apparent reason, mine feels hot and does go very red, takes about 10 mins to go back to normal.

quinnell
20-04-13, 22:23
ive just finished work and am lying in bed and my face is burning and its red im trying not to panic and breath normal its hard as im on my own and scared theres something wrong with me

Tessar
20-04-13, 22:45
Definitely. Sometimes it's because I am feeling very self-conscious. Other times its something like my hormones running riot. Or,another one is being outside on a windy day, then my face gets hot in the evening. Like today, for no apparent reason my cheeks were almost sore as they were so hot and flushed. Sometimes as well if I am very busy, working hard or just plain anxious or stressed my cheeks go very red as well.