PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting bad thought - scared its true

sunflower7
21-02-11, 16:16
I am 14 weeks pregnant and the other week a thought came in to my head that I am going to die of breast cancer when I am 47 (I am nearly 37). I am so scared as it came out of the blue and seemed such a clear message. I am so scared its a premonition :weep:. I dont know what to do x

lollypopgirl1981
21-02-11, 16:28
hi there, not sure if this will help you, but when i was preg with my now 2 year old daughter, i had a clear message that i would die giving birth from blood loss.... so you can imagine my fears of giving birth i was convienced i would, when i was having contractions they told me i nedded a emerancy c-section as baby heart rate was dropping well that made me more convinced i was going to die...well moral is i didnt and it went well.... so i can imagine how you feel... all i can say is just maybe for your resurance keep checking breasts for lumps or ask docs to when you go and if you ever did have anything it can be caught and treated early, my mum had breast cancer nearly 6 years ago (this kicked my health anxiety off) hers was from her left nipple started to indent, she had the breast removed and has been great ever since.... i really would worry honestly.... hope this helps some how x

sunflower7
21-02-11, 17:37
Thank You for taking the time to reply to me. You have helped me as the message seemed so clear and I cant shake it off. I will mention it to my Doctor but I feel silly. Thanks again x

Ella_Jayne
21-02-11, 18:03
I've had thoughts like this before, I think it's a form of OCD? Don't know for sure but I used to get it with times, a random time would come into my head and I would be convinced that something bad would happen, but it never did. Just like you won't die from breast cancer when you're 47, it's just a thought that's all, won't hurt you and it's defo not a preminition. Hope you feel better soon. x

mislaura
10-03-11, 22:46
Hi. I am new here and a little late to reply but dealing with a similar issue. I was just hanging around one day and got this feeling that I would be dead by July. It has really put a damper on my last several months and I haven't been able to shake it. I do have OCD as one of the other posters mentioned but it has never taken this type of form so I am worried it is not OCD and instead a premonition.. It is really hard and it scares me. So I understand how you feel.

HelenLouise
11-03-11, 19:42
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have OCD and I have thoughts like these sometimes.
Things like "you will die of cancer before you're 25" or "you're riddled with cancer and you don't know it!" It is really horrible and I always think it is some sort of premonition too.
I get other horrific thoughts too and it really does panic me so you're not alone :) xxx

sunflower7
11-03-11, 19:47
Thank you so much. It was really horrible and its difficult to 'shake' the thought off. x

StarryBlueGal
12-03-11, 00:36
I had this too, two years ago I had a message in my head - really clear that someone I know will die soon, one year from now. It was 25th August, and no one died since (touch wood), and I had anxiety, panic attacks, and had pain in my chest a lot, but when the year passed, it got less. I don't know if this is OCD or premonition - it was an awful feeling and I kept having that thought in my mind constantly until last year. So I would worry if I was you, if you are worried about breast cancer, better go to the doctor, I did worry about breast cancer when I was younger as well!!! I did go to the doctor but she told me there was nothing to worry about! Go to the doctor if you are that worried.

Starry xx