PDA

View Full Version : back worse than ever!

Darren76
02-04-06, 15:44
hi all, since starting to have PA's and anxiety since october, i have been doing really well since jan with only a mild level of anxiety, some muscle spasms and sleepless nights.,......over the last 2 weeks tho the chest pains on my left side are more or less constantly with me, i get spasms, shakes and sometimes clash my jaw when i speak., today has been really really bad, have a pain on my left shoulder, and even just reading a few other posts on here has sent me all shaky as well....got no diazepam and the rescue remedy doesnt seem to work for me. cant seem to unwind at all even with deep controlled breathing..i know its just an attack but i am really worried at the moment that somethin is wrong woith me. start anew job 2mo and dont wanna be feelin bad for it as cant afford to have PA's mess another job up....anyone else feel like this?

carlin
02-04-06, 15:54
Hi there,
So sorry you are feeling rough today, and it took to the end of your post for me to realise why! Of course, you are going to be tense all over, clenching jaw, aching muscles, you are starting a new job anyone would be feeling anxious, even if not a 'sufferer'. You have said it's an attack and that is just what it is, it will fade once you stop being afraid of it, honestly!!! You will feel tense tomorrow, anyone would, but you will survive, and once the first day is done, you will be fine. Anxiety will not ruin another job. trust me. Eat well today, have a nice relaxing bath, nice music, read a book, anything to distract, take care good luck for tomorrow and let us know how wonderful your first day was!!! xxxxxx

wendy
02-04-06, 15:55
Hi Darren

Sounds like your describing me! Awful isnt it?

I must have drank a bottle of Rescue Remedy this weekend and It hasnt touched me either!

I truely believe its controlling the state of mind thats helps - Just wish I could do it!

Tomorrow is a good positive for you, Good luck!! I know its hard but you can do it - we have all got through these attacks before and we can do again, just remember this is Anxiety and it will pass

Wendy x

Darren76
02-04-06, 16:33
thanks for the messages - still feel awful....cant seem to chill myself out and all my usual methods of distraction arent working. times like this i wish i had a couple of diazepam just to take and zonk out....

carlin
02-04-06, 18:47
Hi again, sorry you can't chill, even if you can't sleep tonight i can promise you will survive tomorrow, taking pills to sleep may leave you feeling a little out of it, and who needs that first day of a new job! You will be nervous first thing, once you know what you have to do and meet a few people you will settle down a little, as the day wears on you will be pre-occupied with what you have to do, then returning home so blooming tired you will sleep well!! Let us know how tomorrow goes. xxx