PDA

View Full Version : Help me please - PTSD

Krazy81
21-02-11, 17:32
Hi everyone,

I have been off sick since August 2010 due to a car accident on the way to work on the motorway. Work is 40 miles away from my home and I have to use the motorway to get there.

I suffered whiplash injuries and was diagnosed with PTSD. As well as having PTSD I know have chronic back pain, restricted neck movement with right leg Sciatica. A couple of weeks after the the trauma my wife had an unfortunate miss - carriage.

I am having the usual psycho-therapy sessions/hydro

I have had 8 counselling sessions of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cognitive-behavioural-therapy/Pages/Introduction.aspx)
and it still hasn't helped my PTSD In any way, is this normal?

How long can PTSD last? someone has said that PTSD can last years is this correct?

As I couldn't return to my original workplace I was required to go for an Occupational Health Assessment to see if I could be placed somewhere local to my home.

Having been through an Occupational Heath in January 2011 it was confirmed that I am covered under the Disability Act 2010 and she gave me 8 weeks to see how I’m getting on and whether improvements are made to my health. I asked the Occupational Doctor whether she can recommend a transfer on a permanent basis to a workplace local to my house where I can take a bus to work She said she would not write it as she thinks my health should improve.

What she does not understand is that I don’t want to go back after what I have suffered.

I now have another appointment with another Occupational Doctor, this will be the report my employers would be most interested in. It will tell them when I should likely to come back.

I don’t want to go back as my employers have the power to move me on the basis of the report.

Are my symptoms above enough to say that I cannot return back and that I should be moved locally?

Thanks

Krazy