PDA

View Full Version : So sick & tired of bein this way now WHY ME ??

honeyp1e
21-02-11, 20:09
So i have been pre-diagnosed with coeliac diease and my anxiety is going SKY HIGH am just waiting on my biopsy to confirm it !!!!
my biopsy is on wed morning :( and really DON'T wanna get it done as am so scared of anything going in my throat that shouldnt (am emetophobic fear of vomiting ) so this is so off putting......... Any way my doctor said my biopsy WILL come back as celiac as my bloods came back as 99.9% (so why do i need a biopsy ??) and been waiting over a month now for this biopsy and as i suffer with anxiety this has rocketed so much i HATE bein this way so i paid for a private vega allergy test to get done just while am waiting as i was so sick of bein in pain and feeling ill 24/7 well the test showed that am allergic to WHEAT / POTATOES / BANANAS :-) so that was a start !!

anyway how this all started i was having issues with my anxiety and just lost my appetite which is common for me when struggling with my anxiety but this went n for a good few months of not eating then when i did start TRYING to eat i was living on one piece of bread ./ toast or few biscuits a day sometimes nothing at all i then started getting bad stomach burning apins and my doctor said i was suffering from acid ? after a while more things started to happen heres a run down of all my symptoms -

Burning raw sickly feeling from my belly button and burning goes into throat & between shoulder blades..........
acid in throat (and can feeling & hear it moving round my stomach esp if i haven't eaten for a while)....
tight squeezing pain just above my belly button (like some1 in there squeezing me to death)...
tight squeezing feeling in throat....
constipation....
dry scabbie looking skin on knuckles that gets really sore....
bad LOUD trapped wind (even if i sit there and pass wind all day and it really stinks bad :huh: i still have it all in stomach)..
bloated stomach....
feeling that food is either stuck in my throat or just below my ribs in the center....
nausea....
lower back pain...
days where am just extremely tired....
loss of appetite....
trembles....
lost alot of weight....
days were i feel REALLY REALLY hungry even if i have just eaten....
crying everyday just feeling down & depressed....
headaches....
sore mouth (ulcers etc..)
lump feeling in throat....

my list could most prob have more but just cant think unless it happens lol....
anyway my doctor put me straight onto a gluten free diet because of the pains i have been in and i REALLY don't want to go back to eaten gluten cos if i eat it by mistake i get this tingeling in my tongue & feeling like my throat is closing within minutes of eating ??
anyway so have been on gluten free diet about 2weeks (STILL IN BURNING PAIN ) This is my worse problem the burning in my belly and back along with nausea i have the biopsy on wed but am scared it will show up as ned as i have been eating gluten free (had some slip-ups) i just wanna no how long it is gonna take me to start feeling better again i just wanna be able to eat foods with out bein in pain or it kicking off my stomach or me just feeling so down & depressed (i don't care if its gluten-free food or gluten i just wanna eat ) and right now i cant due to this burning i started new tablets 3 days ago (Omeprazole 20mg) and also i have now been diagnosed with IBS ;-( am 28 and just don't have a life i wont go out as i have lost so much weight people swear am on drugs and i don't want to have to explain myself to everyone and am glad that yes my doctor did find something and if my biopsy comes back as neg as i have been eating gluten-free then i will just carry on eating gluten-free as i don't want to put myself back through all that pain again.......am sick of all the pains and sick of bein on meds everyday at my age....

whats the best easiest foods to eat while my stomach is still so raw i find porridge sometimes sooths it ?? as fresh salads etc aggrovate it..

ALSO were do i start with the foods etc i have an eating disorder and find it hard to eat as it is but i can eat ricecakes/tuna/mayo/ham/biscuits/snack a jacks/ porridge/ cereal (thats what i have been eating lately

am just constanley worrying 24/7 about what if i eat something wrong and also my blood results keep playing on my head as the doctor said they came bad HIGH FOOD ALLERGYS then my vega allergy test said wheat / potatoes does this mean i may not be celiac ??

sorry for the rant just had to get this out as my health anxiety is going through the roof :weep:

countrygirl
21-02-11, 21:37
First things first - the nhs won't diagnose cealiac disease without a biopsy and once your have a positive biopsy then you can get prescriptions for certain gluten free foods. When you have the camera down throat make sure you ask for maximum sedation then you won't know anything about it at all so your vomiting phobia won't be a problem. They will try and get you to have it done without sedation but don't go there you will not get through it if you don't have sedation. ( I have had three of these in past).

Quite alot of your symptoms could be due to the cealiac disease so until you have been gluten free for some time it is impossible to know. It was not a good idea to do the allergy tests as well as these will be affected by your cealiac disease so maybe ignore the allergy test results for now and concentrate on going gluten free after the biopsy is done. YOur Dr should have told you not to avoid gluten until after the biopsy as if you do this can affect the biopsy results.

Take things one step at a time - you are in a right old state at moment but having to be gluten free is not end of the world - my cousin is not only gluten free but also a type one diabetic so imagine how hard it is for her to find food to eat but she manages and is healty and happy.

don't make any food changes until after your biopsy results and then make sure you keep completely gluten free ( some people with cealiac disaese can eat oats so ask your Dr if you can as they can tell from biopsy results).

Let us know how you get on with the gastroscopy on Wednesday and remember have the sedation!

allergyphobia
21-02-11, 22:29
Hi, i wonder if you have looked into oral allergy syndrome. Do you suffer from bad hayfever at all?

honeyp1e
22-02-11, 00:20
Hi, i wonder if you have looked into oral allergy syndrome. Do you suffer from bad hayfever at all?

no hayfever no

honeyp1e
22-02-11, 00:22
First things first - the nhs won't diagnose cealiac disease without a biopsy and once your have a positive biopsy then you can get prescriptions for certain gluten free foods. When you have the camera down throat make sure you ask for maximum sedation then you won't know anything about it at all so your vomiting phobia won't be a problem. They will try and get you to have it done without sedation but don't go there you will not get through it if you don't have sedation. ( I have had three of these in past).

Quite alot of your symptoms could be due to the cealiac disease so until you have been gluten free for some time it is impossible to know. It was not a good idea to do the allergy tests as well as these will be affected by your cealiac disease so maybe ignore the allergy test results for now and concentrate on going gluten free after the biopsy is done. YOur Dr should have told you not to avoid gluten until after the biopsy as if you do this can affect the biopsy results.

Take things one step at a time - you are in a right old state at moment but having to be gluten free is not end of the world - my cousin is not only gluten free but also a type one diabetic so imagine how hard it is for her to find food to eat but she manages and is healty and happy.

don't make any food changes until after your biopsy results and then make sure you keep completely gluten free ( some people with cealiac disaese can eat oats so ask your Dr if you can as they can tell from biopsy results).

Let us know how you get on with the gastroscopy on Wednesday and remember have the sedation!

i did explain this to my doctor about staying on gluten foods she told me NOT to as i had been in so much pain for so long so if the biopsy does come bk as negative i think i wil stick to the GF diet anyway as my paisn have died down to what they where but as i said its only been over a week on GF foods so early days i will let you no how i get on on wed and defo bein sedated ;-)