PDA

View Full Version : light headed worring

tricia56
21-02-11, 22:29
hi been axiouse for days now and i have a fear of going or bieng dizzy and tonite i keep going abit light headed which is making my anxiety worse and ive also got back ache and and i i get really scarec when i go light headed and think wat if its a tumour and ill die i know its just my anxiety but does any one else feel or think like this and is there any thing i can do to stop me thinking like it

Mark801
21-02-11, 22:48
Hey Tricia, please don't worry. Lightheaded/dizziness is one anxiety's worst symptom. I have it right now. You need to control your breathing if you're overbreathing. This will make you less anxious and will most likely take away your anxious feelings as well as the dizziness.

I had when I was in the supermarket just now and when I was making something to eat. I was off-balanced and I felt like my head is floating. Take deep breaths and relax and you'll be fine. Try and distract yourself with some tv, music or games.

lollypopgirl1981
21-02-11, 23:03
hi there, completley the same as you have alook at some of my posts re tumor/dizzy x

tricia56
21-02-11, 23:04
hi thk u for ur advice feel a little better now knowing im not the only one being like this .could i ask u one more question i dont like going in cars and i had to go in my friends caras they were dropping me home from thier house and got anxiouse and got abit light headed could that of brought it on

lollypopgirl1981
21-02-11, 23:12
yep, you kinda find yourself talking to yourself before you have to do something, then bang when your doing it light headed kicks in..just found this long post by someone so copied and pasting it, hope thats allowed as it made me realise that i wasnt the only one...its quite long...hope it helps it did me... i still get light headed / dizzy feeling....mine doesnt feel like its to do with my breathing though... as im not over breathing, im sure its just that im remembering the feeling of being light headed / dizzy so i start to feel what i have felt before if that makes sense x

quote copied from someones thread: i have the exact same problem , the dizziness is so debilitating, feeling off balanced is a nightmare aswel , as it resricts your whole lifestyle.
my dizziness and off balanced feelings began when i was about 14 or 15, im now 31 and i still feel none the wiser for it sometimes.

i have bouts of vertigo that comes and goes , yet i have the same thing as you Ann where i feel like no matter where i am, if i'm indoors or outdoors i still get this feeling like i'm walking on a boat, sometimes when i'm sitting... i feel like im sitting on a boat.
when i walk my kids to school.. i feel like the ground is made of quicksand as im walking.

i can't stand and talk to people for too long or i get dizzy.
i cant get in a lift because otherwise i still feel the sensation of movement from the lift when i get out of the lift , which is dreadful.
when this dizziness first began when i was a teenager, i was so dizzy... that my doctor had to carry me out of the surgery (how embarrasing ) :blush:

i have the odd day where i feel ok, but then the dizziness comes back again, i have to plan my whole life around the dizziness and off balanced feeling.

it's hard to plan anything in advance due to this dizziness etc, it's extremely isolating as most friends dont 'get' what's wrong.
people can't see the dizziness etc so they think we're okay.
if someone has a broken arm or leg or something visable to the eye...then people in general are more likely to understand and be more helpful and compassionate.

all the gp's ive seen have said it's all anxiety. i dont think doctors realise how much of an impact this dizziness has on our quality of life.
i was refered to ENT a couple of years ago, they said i had viral labyrinthitus and that it would go away in a few weeks.
the ENT lady said that all of her patients who have dizziness due to the inner ear.. ALL experience anxiety.

as Tom has just mentioned, i too have been told by my GP that there is no cure for the dizziness or off balanced feelings.
he said that once someone has a dizzy spell or anything similiar that the person is usually prone to getting it again.

i really would not wish this on my worst enemy , i would love to lose the fear of the dizziness and the fear of fainting.

i saw a homeopath because i was at wits end with the dizziness etc, i found that really helpful, the remedy i took was cocculus which is for dizziness.
i also found the counselling side to homeopathy very helpful, the homeopath told me that dizziness is a fear of being abandoned , he said when you feel abandoned.. you feel lost, confused , disorientated, like a dizzy feeling. he went on to say that likewise, dizziness makes you feel lost, confused, disorientated etc .
i found that relevant and intresting.

also i learnt on an anxiety course that its impossible to faint while feeling anxious as while we feel anxious.. our blood pressure is higher, in order to faint.. blood pressure needs to be low.

im thinking of seeing the homeopath again and perhaps a herbalist.

big hugs to all of you that have this dizziness/lightheadedness and off balanced feelings. :hugs:

vitamin B is a must for anyone with dizziness and balance problems and also magnesuim . if i find anything else that helps i'll let you all know. xxxx

linda a
22-02-11, 03:26
you r not alone ive been lightheaded 7 months sometimes i feel like iam moving but not really scarey bad and i feel like im swaying or leaning i hope it anxiety i keep thinking tumor or i will get vertigo,i dont know if being stuffy could cause it cause i have allergies u r not alone i wihed it go away for us all