PDA

View Full Version : Had to call an ambulance.

Alicesouthon
22-02-11, 03:42
Hi, I have been on sertraline for 2 days now, and first night was ok couldn't sleep but was ok, tonight tho has just been awful I felt like my Tongue was swelling I couldn't breath... Ambulance came out and said I was fine it was just panic, is this really normal? I need some reassurance

PokerFace
22-02-11, 11:06
It does definatley sound like you had a panic attack. It's normal to feel those kind of sensations with high anxiety/panic attacks. If the paramedics said you're fine, you're fine so hold onto that! :) I know it's scary but it does get better, you won't feel this bad forever.

I have no knowledge of Sertraline whatsoever but I have heard that certain medications increase anxiety before decreasing it though. There's a sub forum on it in the medication section of the forum so you might find it helpful to have a read through the posts in there or make one and it might get more attention from people who have experience with that medication. :) xx

Here's the link just incase you didn't know, hope this helps a little bit xx http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=54

blueangel
22-02-11, 15:50
I agree with pokerface here - the newer antidepressants do seem to make a lot of people more anxious initially. Also, the whole issue of taking medication (no matter what it is) can set some people off, and if you have a look through the posts on here, you'll find a lot of users finding this a problem.

Do trust the paramedics though - if they said you're fine, you are. They go through a lot of training and would have taken you into hospital if they had the slightest doubt about you.