PDA

View Full Version : Kinesiology

sadie
20-03-04, 15:44
Hi all,

I decided to take control of my anxiety/stress/migraines etc... and booked myself an appointment for some kinesiology and I would have to say it was the best thing I have ever done!!

If you have never heard of it this holistic therapy, here is a short explanation of its main principles.

Kinesiology approaches all health issues by using gentle muscle testing, which can identify physical, mental, emotional and nutritional imbalances as well as dietary and environmental sensitivities - any of which can prevent optimum health being achieved. Each muscle test 'taps into' the energy within your body and relays information, which allows the therapist to suggest or apply appropriate corrections.

Today was only my 1st session and I found it to be extremely rewarding, helpful and fascinating. The way the thrapist explained in to me in layman terms... is she receives information through 'tapping, from our subconscious minds. Therefore are subconscious mind is a computer which provides information on the state of our health, our thoughts, worries and wishes. I was amazed by the information that my 'mind' provided...it was all so very true!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you as I know that we are all trying to make sense of our anxiety and stress. Maybe this could help someone else on this forum too. I will let you know how things go the more sessions I have.

Take care

sadie

Meg
20-03-04, 16:40
That's great news Sadie,

Most kinesiologists use some EFT within their practice and will give you stategies to use when you're scared.

What did she say when she tested you nutritionally and what were her views on your headaches ?

I went 3 times and found it useful.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sadie
20-03-04, 17:20
Hi Meg,

Today was just my 1st session and we never covered too much on nutrition etc..she did ask me what supplements I take and if I drink coffee and alcohol. Maybe this will come at another session.

As for my headaches...she said they are definetly linked to my anxiety/stress away back from my car accident or maybe even before this. She said she will have to do more sessions to find out the true cause of my headaches etc.However, she read some info from a book which explains the physical causes of stress etc.. for migraines it is caused by people who need to be in control or in the driving seat. When you was 'tapping' into my subconscious the messages it was giving out was all to do with how I need to be in control but yet I am scared to take the drivimg seat, theefore I am in complete conflict with myself every day. (tiring work)

I have to keep another journal..each day I have to write down atleast 5 gratitudes that occured that day as the messages I got were I need to appreciate the simplier things in life.

To be honest I thought this type of therapy was very good and I really believe it will help me. I will keep you posted on how it goes etc.

Take care

sadie

Lottie32
20-03-04, 20:01
Sadie

I'm so glad you've found something that has such a postive effect on you!

How did you find your practitioner? I've never heard of this before. Is there a national organisation that trains, or can anybody just set up and practice?

When do you go back? Let me know how you get on - it sounds really good, and I like the idea of looking at everything as a whole. (I mean how can you be healthy if you eat rubbish - no matter how many times a week you go to the gym)

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

sadie
20-03-04, 20:26
Hi charlie,

I girl I used to work with told me about this therapy as her mums works in the same health center. There is a proper organisation that trains people in this form of therapy the same way as reflexologist, acupuncturist etc..

I go back in 2 weeks time and in the mean time I have to keep a journal on how I feel and list at least 5 gratitudes per day.

This therapy has similar principles to the EFT and she had me tapping a goal before I left and I do feel it working slightly already. She checked all my meridan points and found there were a few out of balance which she corrected. She spent a large part of the time discussing with me how I felt etc..and explained a lot of information regarding our conscious and subconscious minds, how we think, fear etc.

She then communicated with my subconscious mind through tapping on my arm ( I know this may sound strange but what she spoke to me about with regards to the messages my mind was giving were so true).

On my next visit we will go deeper into my sunbconscious to find out what exactly is causing my anxiety/migraines etc... She advised that i will need a few sessions.

If you are really interested in this therapy and I would recommed it, then I can find out how to get a proper preactioner in your area?

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
20-03-04, 21:32
Sadie

Sounds good to me - I love alternative therapies like this.

Please let us know how you get on as it may be something that quite a few people on here can try and if it works then all the better for everyone.

Can I ask how much each sessions costs?

Nicola

sadie
21-03-04, 00:08
Hi Nicola,

The session cost £35 but I think it was really worth it. I consultation lasted for 1.5 hours and I never felt rushed.

I will let you know how I get on, I do think it will be really helpful!

sadie

Jules31
22-03-04, 10:46
It sounds great Sadie

It would be good if you could let us know how to find local therapists. I've tried most of the others and would definitely think of giving this a go if there's no improvement after my CBT and counselling

How's the heaviness and headaches at the moment.

I'm still getting mine
Jules

Laurie28
22-03-04, 12:05
Sadie,

it sounds brilliant, I am soo glad it is helping you and you found it good.

keep us posted

Love
Lucky

Lottie32
22-03-04, 12:23
HI Sadie

Thanks for the info. It sounds really useful. I like the whole holistic idea of looking at all areas!

If you could ask at your next session about finding therapists in your area, I would be most grateful. Maybe the best thing is the actual training centre itself?

Thanks Sadie x

p.s. whats this five gratitudes thing????

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Meg
22-03-04, 17:17
Jules,
I went to one in Long Eaton who was good for me. I went 3 times.

I keep meaning to go back for a blance but have just not got round to it.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sadie
22-03-04, 19:30
Hi All,

Charlie - the 5 gratitudes per day is to help me be thankful of the small things in life. She advised I compare myself to others and always put myself down etc...basically 'my glass is half empty' instead of half full. She believes i need to focus more on what I have got and not on what I havent. I will definetly find out about a therapist in different areas around the country. Hope your doing ok.

Jules- the headaches are kind of constantly there at the moment and Im trying hard to worry too much about it. I have now been for my MRI so I will wait for the results of that. Hope your still doing well, with court etc...keep up the good work.

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
22-03-04, 21:53
Sadie

We could write up something about this for the therapies page on the website couldn't we?

Any contacts would be most helpful as well.

Nicola

Jules31
23-03-04, 15:48
Sadie

The MRI will be fine you would have heard by now if not. I'm having a bad time at the moment and have the headache from hell and am really dizzy, Been like it all day but it's got worse since I've just had a court dropped on me for tomorrow. It shouldn't be mine and I've never done that kind of hearing before, so am really quite worried.

You still getting the heaviness etc, mine has been really bad but fighting against it when I can be rational

Can't wait to hear more about this therapy

Jules

sadie
23-03-04, 20:00
Nicola,

I think that would be a great idea. Just let me know what you would like to do etc as I would love to help out.

Jules - your headaches will get better the less stressed and anxious you feel. They are just caused by tension, worry etc... It is difficult to break the cycle but you have done it before you can do it again. My headches do still feel heavy at times and my head feels warm and tight a lot of the time too. I think my headches/migraines are caused by teeth crunching as I keep waking up with really sore teeth and my jaw and neck area gets really sore too. I think I must be crunching my teeth in my sleep. As for the Kinesiology, I will find out as much info on this therapy and will pass on how its helped me etc.. I definetly think people with anxiety can benefit from it.

Try and not worry too much, your headaches are just stress related, nothing else. Keep up with those massages.

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
23-03-04, 20:38
Sadie

If you are interested in writing something up about it then I can add it to the Therapies page on the website. It doesn't have to be a massive article, just some basic info and some links etc. Are you happy to do this for the site? Would be great if you could. Thanks.

Nicola

sadie
23-03-04, 21:12
Nicola,

I would love to write something up for you...I will get started right away. I should warn you, I was never good at writing anything brief when I was studying!!!

sadie

Jules31
24-03-04, 11:53
thanks for the reassurance Sadie, when I said about the heaviness, I meant the heaviness/numbness in your limbs etc. That is really what is bothering me, plus the headaches etc of course, guess I should make myself a bit more clear.

Take care
Jules

sadie
24-03-04, 19:24
Hi Jules,

Sorry...I should have realised thats what you ment as we have discussed this before. Anyway, I do still get these feelings throughout the day. Sometimes they stay longer than others and Im trying so hard not to worry too much about it. I woke up on sunday with heaviness down my right side of my body, which worried me a bit. I took some paracetomol and went out visiting my parents etc as it was Mothers Day and it went away!! Also today I felt a bit snowed under at work and I could feel myself getting stressed and I started to feel the same feeling again...this makes me think it maybe is anxiety related. Anyway, again it disaapeared after a while.

The secret is not to pay too much attention to it and it will eventually go away. The symptoms are all due to anxiety, stress and migraine/headaches. Once the fear of the headaches and symptoms etc decrease, these symptoms will disappear.

Try and stay positive and dont worry yourself too much, things will get better. You know Im always here for a chat whenever you need to.

take care

sadie

Jules31
25-03-04, 11:32
Thanks Sadie.

My left sided stuff is a little better at the moment so I'll try and not worry. Glad you are feeling a better. I just worry cos I get the heaviness etc even when I don't have a really bad headache.

Hope you have a good day, know what you mean about being snowed under at work, what do you do if you don't mind me asking.

Speak soon
Julie

sadie
25-03-04, 22:11
Hi Jules,

I am a recruitment consultant which is ok as I like helping people and meeting new people etc but I would prefer to be doing social work or something similar.I did psychology at university and I just feel I am not using my degree but nevermind, maybe one day!! I bet your job can be demanding at time, just try and relax when you are away from work and that should help balance things out!

Take care and speak to you tommorrow.

Hope your doing ok

sadie

sadie
25-03-04, 22:44
Hi all,

I have found the Kinesiology federation website whereby you can search for a practioner in your area by entering your postal code.

www.kinesiologyfederation.org

Happy searching!!:D

sadie

sadie
28-03-04, 11:37
Hi all,

I went for my 2nd kinesiology therapy session yesterday and again I felt amazed of what I was told.

During my 1st session I simply told the therapist I was suffering migraines, anxiety and sometimes panic attacks. However, this time she was trying to find out what has caused me to feel the way I do etc...so I was amazed when she said it all started when I was 3-4 yrs old!!! All I could do was laugh, as something exremely important happened to me at that age which I hadn't told her about. Anyway, she 'tapped' into my subconscious again to find out my learned thoughts over these years since this event etc and again everything she told me was so true. ( I wont list the details it would far too long!!)

I am so amazed that she is able to provide such accurate information about me and how I feel and think. I feel that I am finally getting somewhere with my health issues etc.. I have felt for so long that my life is like 'groundhog' day, never changing and always feeling the same. Ever since my 1st appointment I feel life is finally changing for the better. I am already looking forward to my next session next week.

I know I keep harping on about this, but I really believe this type of therapy has lots to offer anxiety sufferers. I think we all feel that our 'anxiety' just happens out the blue and we dont know whats casued it etc and this causes more stress. This therapy can help highlight what age it happened or what thoughts and behaviours you may have that has caused it to happen. I think when you actually find out what is causing it, you feel relief and can actually start to make positive changes in your life to stop the anxiety.

Dont worry I wont write everytime I have a session but I just really want you all to know how great this therapy actually is because I do wnat you all to feel better.

Take care

sadie

red
28-03-04, 12:02
Great news Sadie - and would love to hear some more! It sounds a wee bit like Time Line Therapy, only with that you don't get to know what has caused it as sometimes it is too traumatic to 're-live' it. I'm so glad it working for you and can truly understand your exitement - it is great when we find something that really works for us.

Till the next time!

Red
x