PDA

View Full Version : in a panic

sandy40
22-02-11, 16:18
Hi,sorry but here i go again..im terrified ive cancer,my bloods were last done on Nov 9th last year,all normal but my neck/shoulder/lower back/thighs ache,i feel awful and i feel the bottom of my back is tight if that makes sense...argh i hate it,could i have cancer??? im on 30mg Mirtazapine plus 300mg of pregabalin,my fingers/toes get tingly as well..help

nomorepanic
22-02-11, 16:25
sounds like tension to me and a good relax in the bath could help or try and get a massage if you can.

Doesn't sound like cancer to me

sandy40
22-02-11, 16:38
Nicola,i have a bath every night but it doesnt help..my heart is sore and my ears are like ringing??? my neck feel like its closing in...

nomorepanic
22-02-11, 16:49
I am not sure what you mean by a sore heart.

You could be coming down with something - how long have you had this?

When you say your neck is closing in do you mean a tight throat?

sandy40
22-02-11, 17:10
yes i mean my throat is like tight,im worried my glands are up..my heart i mean tight like pains..yikes

Mark801
22-02-11, 17:26
@Sandy

I'm currently having a tight pain under my left chest that's causing me pains. Claire Weekes mentions this specific pain in her book. She calls it a "heavy heart" as the muscles aroud the heart are tight and tense.

You're fine. You don't have cancer. I think it's tension as I always have this. Try doing some stretches/yoga. I did yoga yesterday for about 15 minutes and my whole body felt great afterwards. Along with deep breathing, it will releave tension and make you feel better mentally. :hugs:

sandy40
22-02-11, 18:08
How can you be so sure ive no cancer ? if i could know ive no cancer then id be jumping for joy.I went for a back/shoulder massage last week,it was the first time id been,i was nice but next day i was sore again...by the way the "heavy" heart you mentioned is what it feels like..tight pain...its weird i never worry about my heart although my father had a heart attack in his forties and sadly a fatal one at the age of 51..im 40.

nomorepanic
22-02-11, 18:24
We can't be sure of course.

All you can do is discuss these worries with your doctor and see what he thinks it is.

chest pain over the heart is usually muscular though.

suzy-sue
22-02-11, 18:25
You can always ask for another blood test .But the pains you mention are caused by tension .IF the massage helped it shows that .Learn how to fully relax and practice deep breathing techniques .There are numerous cds available for Relaxation and meditation ,You must practice every day until you learn how to get it right .It will work .The ringing in your ears is due to anxiety ,Many anxious people get this .It will get better when you become less anxious .Aspirin can cause it too and certain medications .Having a low noise in the background can help take your focus off it .I hope you manage to accept this is anxiety as its the first step to being able to help yourself recover .Getting another blood test will put your mind at ease over these symptoms .Then you can start with the process of doing something that will help you .All the best Sue x

Greenman50
22-02-11, 18:43
Hi Sandy

Those very same "symtoms" (how do you spell it ..lol..) that was what sent me into a panick in October / November .

After a rough few months with a few health problems i got really bad neck ache , i couldn,t sleep with it , this went into my arms and my skin felt as if it was burning , i also got chest pain , ear ache and the top of my thighs were sore/acheing .
Also really bad pains under my jaw . Just basically felt very very unwell .

All these dissapeared over time , but i still have a tight throat , globus and the middle of my back still hurts , these last three come and go .

...oh yea and forgot i still get occassional chest pain , either a dull ache or a quick spreading stabbing pain in the centre of my chest which takes my breath away.

I,ve learned to ignore everything now , but back when i joined i was a desparate man !

At the time all the pain was very very real and i had weeks of sleepless nights on the couch to avoid disturbing my wife in bed tossing and turning .

It could all be anxiety like mine was :hugs:

Hope this helps .

sandy40
22-02-11, 18:57
My GP who i last saw a few weeks ago wouldnt do another blood test as he said the labs would wonder why he was sending them again as they were fine in November..he said to come back next month and he'd re do them again.x

Greenman50
22-02-11, 19:46
There you go then:yesyes:

Your fine . Gentle exercise should also help , try not worry , get out and about as much as you can and i bet you don,t need another blood test . If the doc thought there was anything wrong he would have sent you for one straight away , take comfort from that get on with things as if you feel 100 % and slowly but surely you will start to feel better .