PDA

View Full Version : why I love this forum

snowgoose
22-02-11, 17:43
Hello:)
I am new to this forum ...but not new to the hell that is anxiety and the loneliness that comes with the territory :weep:.

just want to say to Nicola and the admin and moderators...thank you xx

recently I have thought of you all as you defend this forums beliefs .......let the posters speak ........and only intervene when it is necessary. while dealing no doubt with endless spam and trollers ........oh and having a life too :flowers:

I have been on forums where moderating has to be almost policing to stop forum wars breaking out .
the fact is this the internet and anyone can post. The admin here are fantastic in the freedom we have to look for advice ...seek advice and information without bias .
THE best of all is the unconditional love and empathy from real fellow sufferers out here in cyber world .

I didnt have this resource years ago when I was suicidal with distress that had gone on toooo long . priceless beyond pearls this place xx

So thank you Nicola and admin and moderators .
your tireless work and patience and effort is so valuable to so many of us.
the trolls think they can annoy and upset us .
WRONG FORUM .
we have been through a lot .....and that is what makes us strong .
Thank you Nicola and admin and mods .
:hugs:

weeble40
22-02-11, 17:49
What a lovely post, thankyou very much, its so nice to get good feedback, welcome along hope we can offer you the friendship and support for a quick recovery

Emms xx

nomorepanic
22-02-11, 17:55
Aww thank you so much snowgoose. That was a lovely post and just what I needed to read after the last few days hassles. :hugs:

It certainly is quite a hard place to moderate at times and what a lot of people don't see on the forum is the problems we get in the live chat room as well that the moderators spend a lot of time dealing with as well.

We have a good team here and a fantastic bunch of people that all give up their time freely to post and help others.

So thank you to everyone as well :yesyes:

diane07
22-02-11, 18:40
What a lovely post to log on tonight and read.

It is hard work at times, but do you know we have the most fantastic members here on NMP and i love watching them caring and supporting fellow sufferers, we are all here for more or less the same reason, we look for or offer advice, we need it or feel ready to give support, we encourage members to progress in their road to recovery and we congratulate when no matter how little the achievement is its an achievement.

May i also add something else what members won't see as i personally do it myself, if i see someone really struggling, really lonely or upset, i send them a private message and i know we have an awful lot of members here who do the same.

So yeah, a huge well done to our members for being the absolute fantastic lot they are.

Thank you snowgoose xx

PUGLETMUM
22-02-11, 19:19
:yesyes::hugs:yes an amazing forum - i would not have got better without it - i was so alone like most others - just knowing others felt the same was enough to help and then knowing you always have somewhere to go to talk to others about things they will understand and not judge you for - i come and go - but i dont take it for granted - thankyou nic and all admins and mods and anyone else who helps run and support nmp:hugs:

Vanilla Sky
23-02-11, 10:50
Thank you Snowgoose xxxx

blueangel
23-02-11, 13:43
Having been a forum administrator on a completely different type of site, I can agree heartily that it's really hard work. I only had to deal with football fans and trollers, so this place must be far more difficult!

JaneC
23-02-11, 13:49
Lol Blueangel, I used to mod on a football forum and some of the members were a nightmare but at least you didn't have to worry about their mental health. Credit to the admins and mods as always x

eternally optimistic
23-02-11, 17:15
Here here for you all - ty.

kst101
25-02-11, 11:09
Totally, whole heartedly agree!! This site has been a god send to me. Anything that removes that horrendous feeling of loneliness, knowing that other people are going through the same as you is invaluable. Thank you all x:yesyes: