PDA

View Full Version : really scared..abdomen pressure

pinkynicca
22-02-11, 20:50
Hey guys past week or so I have been having low back pain..bowel pressure and abdomen pressure.. I went to the doctor thinking possible bladder infection..urine test was clean...its not painful more so pressure..I'm freaking out thinking cancer. I have been looking up all the cancers...bladder.colon...ect ect...I'm 24 quit smoking on new years been coughing a lot since and otherwise decent health...I have myself so worked up I'm no longer thinking straight. I lost my job over anxiety and I have no health care so doctor visits are not easy...thanks

mary60
22-02-11, 21:23
Do you suffer with IBS.

mary60
22-02-11, 21:27
Just to add sweet, calm down and dont google cancer its not that for sure,

The pressure you describe sounds like bloating and that can happen with all sorts, HA in overdrive, it is difficult to control but dont worry I am sure its not serious xxx:yesyes:

countrygirl
22-02-11, 22:24
Hope this helps - about 3 yrs ago I suddenly developed a feeling as if I had a balloon moving around my abdomen - one side or other of tummy button - I didn't have it when I was stood up but as soon as I sat down or worse still lay down in bed then whichever side I was laid on the pressure was unbearable and I literally could not sleep for it. Sometimes it felt as if something was kicking me.

I had a sigmoidoscopy and ultrasounds and nothing. I had it on and off for about 18 months then it went away - I still get odd night with it but I know its nothing so it does not bother me as much.

Its either wind or because I have trouble with my spine it could even be irritated nerves from back that come round front which is not something I would have ever have thought of but one Dr did. I even had my aorta scanned in case it was an aortic aneurysm!! Perfectly normal.

So chances are its nothing more than moving wind:yesyes:

pinkynicca
22-02-11, 22:51
thank you for your replies, im really bad at handing health issues, to the point were, it maybe not have me in severe pain, the thought of it is giving me pain.. its on the left and right side of my belly button, constant, id say i get the most relief laying down but im not 100%... past week i have felt a sting when urinating and now my bowels seem to be acting weird, needless to say i have put myself in a panic, i have even looked up the statistics of a bunch of different cancers, and for my age all seem very rare, but that gives me no relief.. eeeek. well thanks again guys.

mary60
22-02-11, 23:28
Sounds like IBS and that can be associated with bladder issues try and relax take a hot water bottle to bed and put it on your tummy, Dont panic, know yoyr symptoms and I am sure it will pass it may return and go again.
I have difficulty pinpionting if mine is a bladder infection or IBS , I get bot and low bach ache.

pinkynicca
23-02-11, 03:46
Its a wild ride all I have ever wanted was to live and it doesn't even seem possible..thanks again for the replies.