PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

Alicesouthon
23-02-11, 01:30
I am having a really bad night, I started sertraline 3 days ago and now I just feel awful my skin is itchy and sore and I'm going really hot and feel really weak light headed and dizzy, I just feel so strange, iv been drinking way too much water as well which I'm scared about feel bloated and sick, please help me I cannot cope at all.

paula lynne
23-02-11, 01:42
Hi Alice, skin complaints are 1 of 5 common side-effects when taking new tablets.
Drinking all that water has probably pushed your BP up a little, and diluted the potassium in your blood. This has probably made you dizzy, along with panic and anxiety. First, have you got a cool flannel you can pat on your skin? Maybe put a fan on too.

Get a paper bag and re-breathe slowly, from your tummy. Put on some calming music. You are going to be ok, try to calm down. Ring your GP tomorrow and ask for an appointment, maybe your dose needs adjusting, especially as your skin seems to have had a bad reaction. You will be ok. x:hugs:

Suck a mint or brush your teeth to help with nausea.

Scrubmuncher
23-02-11, 01:51
You are probably experiencing the same feelings and side effects your body with experience if you withdraw in a few months or so once your system is accustomed to the drugs. Give your body a while to adjust to these drugs, the days will get more normal as time goes on. Like I say, you will probably experience these sensations if you forget to take or decide to cut out the drugs in the distant future when your body is screaming out for them, so best when and if you do decide to come off them do it gradually.
I've been there on both sides, it is nasty but get on YouTube, watch some idiots falling off bikes and people falling down drains, give you a giggle and your mind should calm down and your side effects lessen.

It is temporary, trust me.

Patsta
23-02-11, 04:56
Alice....you will be ok...trust me....just remember what I've told you...afew more days and the side effects will start to ease up....just take it easy...rest and keep your mind occupied....

hummingbird
23-02-11, 05:47
I am having a really bad night, I started sertraline 3 days ago and now I just feel awful my skin is itchy and sore and I'm going really hot and feel really weak light headed and dizzy, I just feel so strange, iv been drinking way too much water as well which I'm scared about feel bloated and sick, please help me I cannot cope at all.

You should get to a doctor and check for diabetes HA1C test or check in with a good naturopath and get a toxicology panel done to determine if you're toxic.
Not sure about sertraline but if this is how you feel find a pharmacist tommorrow and get a list of negative symptoms from this med. Anytime you feel this ill you should report it to your doctor. Some drugs can make you worse not better in my experience. If you feel worse it's obviously not working for you. Alternative doctors are always best in my experience.

Patsta
23-02-11, 20:20
You should get to a doctor and check for diabetes HA1C test or check in with a good naturopath and get a toxicology panel done to determine if you're toxic.
Not sure about sertraline but if this is how you feel find a pharmacist tommorrow and get a list of negative symptoms from this med. Anytime you feel this ill you should report it to your doctor. Some drugs can make you worse not better in my experience. If you feel worse it's obviously not working for you. Alternative doctors are always best in my experience.

Hummingird....I don't think there is a need for tests to see if Alice is toxic....i think that may be a little far fetched. I have been on sertraline on and off for 9 years and have found it to be fantastic in helping with my anxiety, having said that...i understand that it doesn't suit everyone! To say that it is not helping Alice, after she has only been on it for 3 days is wrong. We all know that all meds take time to work...sometimes up to 8 weeks before you feel the full effect...and we all know there are some horrible side effects, so we do feel worse before we feel better!
Alice, you need to give your meds time to work....trust me...you will start to feel better soon!