PDA

View Full Version : bad one

michelle-lee
02-04-06, 19:17
last tuesday evening, i was in a meeting and had to leave 1/2 way through the meeting. all i remember is that i had to get up and was falling all over the place. next thing i remember was that my head was jerking around, i felt totally out of control and couldn`t breathe. it might have lasted for about 40 minutes, but it felt like it was longer and some people were watching me all the time. when i came around it felt like that my left arm`s muscles were being ripped off my arm and my left hand had no feeling. the thumb and pointer finger was loose and people could move them but i couldn`t. the other 3 fingers were fused into a fist and no one could open my hand. it felt weird but scary. on wednesday i felt so dizzy the whole day i couldn`t do anything but stay at home and watch tv. my hand is now ok, and i am not dizzy now, but am still going to the doctor on tuesday to find out what happened as this is the first time it has happened. has this happened to anyone else?

m.snyman

florence
02-04-06, 23:00
Can I ask you : did you collapse or fell unconscious?

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

michelle-lee
03-04-06, 16:16
everytime i have a panic attack, i don`t remember much of what happened and what was said. i have always been told that they are panic attacks. sometimes i would collapse. this episode described above i couldn`t stand on my own and needed help to get out as it felt that my legs was like jelly which is the way they usually are in a panic attack.

m.snyman

mirry
03-04-06, 17:52
HI, sounds to me you really loose your breathing technique which causes all the symptoms you are getting. I know its not easy but try slowing down your breathing when you feel it coming on - this is what i practice and sometimes i manage it and other times i dont.

mirryx