PDA

View Full Version : In a bit of a tizz :(

Clairalou
23-02-11, 09:24
Hey everyone

I have a job interview later this afternoon and im absolutely terrified :shrug:

Ive had interviews before and recently got accepted for a relief post working with people with mental health problems!

Im going for a part time evening position working in a call centre regular hours and wont interfere with my weekend relief post! My problem is i have a horrific double ear infection and i can barely hear and the pain is immense :weep:
I cant reshedule my interview as this is the only day they are doing them! i just dont know how im going to manage without looking like a complete idiot! do i tell them at the begining that im unwel or do i wait till the end or do i not tell them at all an just get on with it or do i just not go!

AARRGGHH :roflmao:

I really dont know what to do!

Please help before i crack up :doh:

allergyphobia
23-02-11, 09:27
Hi Claira!!!!!!

Good luck for later, you will do great. You're so strong still doing the interview when you feel so unwell.

If it were me, I would say first off the in the interview that you have a double ear infection and so if they could speak up and bare with you if that is OK. You may as well mention it, you look good as you've still come to the interview!

You poor thing in the mean time - is there anything that relieves the pain like a hot water bottle? Your mental health post sounds amazing... what is a 'relief' post? i'd love to do something like that, but i don't have any experience.

take care xx

maks
23-02-11, 10:03
Hi Claira,

Really sorry to hear you have pain like that.

I agree with allergyphobia - do go and tell them up front, it shows honesty and commitment that you've still got yourself there despite how you feel.... Just remember that people interviewing you are human too and they will understand - if not, probably isn't somewhere you'd want to work anyway?

I really hope you do make it and it goes well for you - and your pain stops soon.

Take care and all the best!

Maks

Clairalou
23-02-11, 10:48
Awwww thanks for the advice :)

Allergyphobia : relief is kind of as and when needed and i didnt have any experience when i went for the post they gave me this so i could get some experience and when the next permenant post comes up id be likely to get it! i have been told tho i'll probably get most weekends which will really help me gain experience as its when most of the paitents are admitted :)

Im definitly going to the interview and i will be honest with them and tell them im under the weather!

thanks again xxxxxx

munkeyinblack
24-02-11, 11:51
Just wondered how you got on at your interview?

Munkey x