PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine-= anxiety?

Abby1
23-02-11, 11:47
Hi,i am on 30mg of Mirazapine since about the 2nd week of Jan 2011,i have noticed my anxiety seems a lot worse whilst on these ADs. Has anyone else had the same experience at all? Im tempted to go off them but am scared i how i will feel.....I have a psychiatrists apointment but not until the 31st of March...

Vixxy
23-02-11, 15:55
Hi there. I noticed that I was more anxious, in fact I think I developed GAD on them, however the panic attacks were gone and my general mood was better. So i stuck with it.

Abby1
23-02-11, 16:04
Hi,thanks for the reply,can i ask are you still on Mirtazapine? If not did your anxiety levels go down after not being on it? If you are still on it are you still anxious?
Im scared to come off them,as at least i am getting a bit of sleep on this AD.
Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks,
Abby

SW
23-02-11, 16:07
hi there ive been on 15mg for about 2 n half weeks and my sleep is better and my appetite is also...iam still suffering anxiety physical symptoms but not as bad still get panic attacks.ive yet to overcome that. my doc wants me to stick with 15mg another month...after that if no relief then he said i can up it to 30mg

SW
23-02-11, 16:09
give them bit longer i say...if no relief then go bac to ya doc xx

Vixxy
23-02-11, 16:42
I'm still on them as they helped with my sleeping pattern too. I was originally on citalopram, but they were making me sleep during the day and i just wasnt getting anything done. So my GP swapped me to mirt, which got me going again. However after about 2 months i noticed I was anxious a lot more and was worrying about all sorts that wouldnt bother me in the past.
My anxiety did continue to get worse, and I kept upping the meds until I was on45mg, which still didnt help much lol. I dont want to scare you, so dont think because it happened to me itll happen to you! I was going through a pretty stressful time. I was in the last year of my degree, buying a house and getting married! Enough to make a sane person anxious :p
Fast forward a while and I'm still taking 45mg of mirt and I'm now taking 10mg of seroxat with it. The combination is working well for me. The mirt helps keep my sleep regular and keeps my mood up and the seroxat deals with the anxiety.

Abby1
23-02-11, 16:48
Hi,thanks for the reply,although these tablets are helping me sleep,i am seriously thinking of coming off them as the anxiety is so severe,but then i am back to square one probably not sleeping which caused the hassle in the first place.....
Are the other tablets you are on easy to get hold of/be prescripted? Ive never heard of them to be honest.

Vixxy
23-02-11, 17:21
Youre still in the iffy phase of the meds. I would give them at least 8 weeks to see if the anxiety comes down a little as you get used to them.

Vixxy
23-02-11, 17:25
As for the seroxat, they dont really like giving it out because its hard to come off of. Although ALL ads are hard to come off of, so Im not sure why this one is so evil.

ElizabethJane
23-02-11, 23:24
Hi Abby I'm taking 45mg mirtazapine and I have been taking this for about two years a year at 45mg. My anxiety has substantially reduced whilst being on the the mirt but I believe that mirt is not good at helping anxiety. It is primarily an anti depressant with 'off label' uses for anxiety. You might find that your anxiety increases dramatically if you withdraw from the mirt now and you will probably feel a lot worse. I have come off mirtazapine twice and my anxiety went sky high. If you can hold out until you see your psychiatrist that might be the best thing to do? You could always have a chat to your GP if you are feeling really lousy. Best wishes. EJ.

Abby1
24-02-11, 08:35
Hi ElizabethJane,
Thanks for the reply,
Im going to make a doctors apointment today (fingers crossed) and see what they say,the sleeping has been helpful but my anxiety is unreal and i am getting depersonalisation as well,im trying to get back into work and cant go due to this unbearable anxiety/fear.
Im begining to wonder if i'll ever get well/right.

SW
02-03-11, 10:37
its been nearly a week since having this tonilitis and virus...its got better dont have high temp anymore just left with the aftermath of the mucus in throat and nose. i still feel weakish and tired....is that down to the mirtazapine??? am still on the 15mg which ive been taking nearly 4 weeks now,my sleep and mood have improved but the anxiety is still lurking though i dont get panic attacks much...still get the head pressure and muscle tension.

any advice would be great thanks xx