PDA

View Full Version : Things just go from bad to worse.....

TouchedbyAngels
23-02-11, 12:05
Hi, so I'm new to this website, I was looking for somewhere to talk to like minded people about my experiences with suffering depression.
I have been taking the anti-depressant called Fluoxetine (20mg) for roughly 6 months now for my depression and anxiety. I must say, the pill had wonderful effects and made me feel like a brand new person, as of this my doctor asked if I would like to come off these pills, so I said yes. She advised that I come off gradually, take one pill every other day, however, I believed I didn't need to do that. It's been 6 days since I last took one, I have only just taken my pill now as I feel I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms, I'm having awful mood swings, headaches, crying fits and I feel depressed (which I haven't felt in ages). I'm scared and lonely and I've tried to explain to my mum that I'm being like this because I'm coming off my meds but she is snapping at me :( I feel like turning to self-harm or overdosing on my meds.

JaneC
23-02-11, 12:15
Hello TouchedbyAngels and :welcome:. definitely sounds like withdrawal. Do you mean you have just taken a pill again? If so, in my experience you should feel ok again pretty quickly. Get yourself settled again and if you still want to come off take it slowly - ask you doc for the liquid form if need be to allow yourself to do it in 5mg steps rather than 10mg. Hope you feel better soon xx

maks
23-02-11, 12:20
Hi TouchedbyAngels,

I'm really sorry to hear you feel the way you do - coming on this site is definately a good way forwards - there are a lot of people here to listen and support you.

Go back and see your GP right away today or talk to someone else you can trust about how you are feeling - you don't need to suffer alone and have the thoughts you do at the moment.

With only having stopped for 6 days, your body should respond quite quckly to taking a dose today but please speak to your GP, they understand and they will help you through this and get you back on the right plan to reduce in a way that will work for you....

Take care and I hope things get better for you soon.

Maks