PDA

View Full Version : Please please help

BUGGGA
23-02-11, 13:49
Can some one please help me --im new here--no response yesterday:(--i have a headache type pain over my eye brow---comes and goes--so scared its a brain tumor---someone please talk to me about this---causing me great anxiety and panic! I aprreciate anyones help!!!

JaneC
23-02-11, 13:53
Hi Buggga, sorry if you got missed before. Can only say that it's highly unlikely you have a brain tumour (you would have other much more serious tell-tale signs). Headaches can have lots of causes, including anxiety and stress. Can I just say there's a little stick thing you can buy called 4Head (it's a bit like a roll-on deodorant) which is good if you don't want to take painkillers all the time. And try not to worry x

lola pagola
23-02-11, 13:55
awww im sure its not,I get that a lot,it could be tension you know.That is not a sympton of a brain tumour,why dont you try a warm compress over the area and take some painkillers.Im sure it will go xxxxxxxxx plz plz dont panic as it will make the pain worse. xx

sammi
23-02-11, 13:58
Hi, sorry you didn't get a response yesterday, Welcome to NMP:)

Could it just be a headache, tension headache even. If it was a brain tumour you would have many more symptoms I'm guessing. You say its causing your panic and anxiety, you will then be focussing on the pain panicking then the pain getting worse its a viscious cycle. Try not to worry to much I get this and I also get it at the side of my head, doctor say typical anxiety headache. X

sammi
23-02-11, 14:02
Hi Buggga, sorry if you got missed before. Can only say that it's highly unlikely you have a brain tumour (you would have other much more serious tell-tale signs). Headaches can have lots of causes, including anxiety and stress. Can I just say there's a little stick thing you can buy called 4Head (it's a bit like a roll-on deodorant) which is good if you don't want to take painkillers all the time. And try not to worry x

Sorry didn't see this reply before I posted, 4Head is good stuff, give it a try I use it because I'm not right good at taking painkillers x

BUGGGA
23-02-11, 15:05
THANKS EVERYONE--SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE!!!IT IS SO NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT IM GOING THROUGH!!!MY FAMILY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND! I FEEL LIKE A PRISIONER IN MY OWN BODY:mad:

sammi
23-02-11, 15:08
THANKS EVERYONE--SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE!!!IT IS SO NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT IM GOING THROUGH!!!MY FAMILY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND! I FEEL LIKE A PRISIONER IN MY OWN BODY:mad:

Its very hard for people who don't suffer from panic and anxiety to understand what we go through I'm afraid:) oh I know exactly what you mean by feeling like a prisoner in your own body not a nice feeling at all x

j2
23-02-11, 15:10
Bugga I can relate with the headache, the fear and the feeling of nobody understanding. My wife is great but I doesn't get it. The headache sounds like it is right over a sinus cavity and this time of year I get all kinds of sinus problems that are not always "typical" sinus problems. I don't think you have a brain tumor. Like others have said, you would have many other problems. Anyway, good luck and post whenever you need to.

snowgoose
23-02-11, 15:13
Hello Buggga :)

I have a lot of headaches like this honestly ....over one eye and intermittant.
Please dont worry ..................it is NOT a brain tumour .
Can be caused by lots of things .........mainly stress .maybe sinus ........lying wrong way on pillow ...........so many innocent reasons .:hugs:

so let this thought float off that it is brain tumour ok my love? it isnt . believe me brain tumours do not present like this .
headaches are horrible but stress is the main cause because we tense up our neck muscles and it gives referred pain ...sometimes only one side .
relax if you can because headache wont go away until you do and if it is muscle related may take awhile ......so do not worry please .
:hugs: