PDA

View Full Version : Husband -Mouth Ulcer- Please help me

sunflower7
23-02-11, 17:46
My Husband went to the Dentist for a check up on Monday and they found an ulcer type thing under his tongue on the floor of his mouth. It is not painful so he doesnt know how long its been there. They want to see him again in two weeks to see if its gone. I am so scared I am going to lose him. I googled and oral cancer came up. It says it starts as painless ulcer. I am 14 weeks pregnant with our first child and am going out of my mind with worry. I cant stop crying. Please can anyone help me. x

sunflower7
25-02-11, 12:14
Please can anyone help?

bloxy
25-02-11, 12:48
I'm afraid I don't have any experience of this, but the dentist must think that there is a chance that this will resolve on it's own. If they thought it was something that was sinister for certain, your hubby would have been referred immediately.

Please try not to worry, easier said than done I know.

PoppyC
25-02-11, 13:05
Hi
I get a lot of mouth ulcers, and most often, on the base of my mouth. Generally if ulcers don't clear after 2 weeks, then gps can give you something to help them heal.
Please try not to think the worst, because there are lots of non serious things that it could be too.
If the gp had suspected anything nasty, then your husband would have been sent for tests immediately.
I know it is easy for me to say try not to worry too much, but try especially as you are pregnant.
I hope everything turns out well. :hugs:

http://charlotteca2011.blogspot.com/