PDA

View Full Version : Did my baby stop breathing?

vic003
23-02-11, 21:49
Here is a concern I have to share with all those who are parents.
I am always anxious about hurting my baby by accident. Last week I put her next to me in bed cause she was unsettled. I accidentally fell asleep. I woke up an hour later. I am worried I accidentally hit her or rolled on her in my sleep. This sounds stupid but I am worried she stopped breathing and has brain damage because lack of oxygen. This thought is irrational right? What do you parents think? Would you worry if you slept next to your baby? She woke up fine though, she didn't wake me up crying and she is laughing and acting very normal. I know these are signs she is ok but I cant get rid of the thoughts. I feel so guilty- I will never put her in my bed again.

mary60
23-02-11, 22:07
Oh Hun if she is ok dont worry, ther are strong arguments against having babys in with you from the medical profession however some say it increases bonding.

I did with mine but but with new evidence of risk I dont think I would now, you are a loving Mum and want to do the best, Go with your heart and stop worrying.

mary60
23-02-11, 22:09
PS Guilt comes with motherhood lolxx

sammi
23-02-11, 22:19
Hi Vic, my daughter will be 4 a week tomorrow and I still worry if she sleeps in my bed that's ill roll over hurt her etc I don't know why she's nearly bigger than me lol (I'm only little)

If your baby is laughing and everything seems fine then your baby is probably fine. I know what its like to worry about your kids its only natural but honestly I'm sure your baby is fine. Xx

mary60
23-02-11, 23:28
Here is a concern I have to share with all those who are parents.
I am always anxious about hurting my baby by accident. Last week I put her next to me in bed cause she was unsettled. I accidentally fell asleep. I woke up an hour later. I am worried I accidentally hit her or rolled on her in my sleep. This sounds stupid but I am worried she stopped breathing and has brain damage because lack of oxygen. This thought is irrational right? What do you parents think? Would you worry if you slept next to your baby? She woke up fine though, she didn't wake me up crying and she is laughing and acting very normal. I know these are signs she is ok but I cant get rid of the thoughts. I feel so guilty- I will never put her in my bed again.

Vic hope the private messages have helped sleep tight xx:bighug1: