PDA

View Full Version : electric shock from laptop

daisycake
23-02-11, 22:45
Sorry for the repetition - I've posted about electric shocks before - this is the only thing that still worries me. I sat down tonight on my laptop charger while it was pulled out, got a very mild sharp pain in me bum from sitting on it! Instantly thought I'd had an electric shock and pulled it off. Now - charger says it's 240 volt, which I googled and google says a 240 volt shock would cause burns and probably make you jump. I'm certainly not burnt in fact I can't even tell where I sat on the adapter now but I'm terrified I've received some kind of electric shock that'll affect my heart. Would I know about it?

Oh - it says input 240 v, output 19 v... I don't know what I'm doing with this but I'm guessing, just guessing, that 19 can't be that bad

nomorepanic
23-02-11, 23:21
You can't get an electric shock from a laptop charger as it is shielded. If you think about it you would get a shock every time you plugged it in if that was the case.

It was probably pain from sitting on it!

suzy-sue
23-02-11, 23:33
I was going to say the same .Ive done something similar ..:blush::doh:If you had had a shock you would know it Daisy ... luv Sue x