PDA

View Full Version : First proper panic attack in 2 years :(

Lizziesaurus
24-02-11, 10:40
I have no idea what set it off, I had a couple of drinks and a takeaway seeing as it's my birthday today and I'm going out tonight for tea I decided to treat myself and when I finished I could feel my heart beating, I get palpitations now and again and it doesn't bother me, it goes away after a couple of minutes but this time it didn't, so I decided to take a nytol and go to bed and try to relax. But I couldn't, all I could feel was thump thump thump :huh: Then came the hyperventerlating, depersonlization (I can't spell I know!) I even kept feeling my pulse to check I was still alive.
It's a good job I took that nytol otherwise I'd have never slept.
Luckily I feel ok this morning, still a little shaken though, I forgot how horrible they were :weep:

paula lynne
24-02-11, 10:50
Hiya Lizzie x
Could have just been the excitement! A couple of drinks might have set if off.
Our brains cants seem to tell the difference between Eustress (good stress, like your birthday plans), and distress (the bad stressors). Im glad you went out and had a good time, dont let this hold you back. :)

Lizziesaurus
24-02-11, 11:10
Yeah I could feel I was very on edge, I've been feeling really stressed the past week due to work, not my actual work just the way I'm being dealt with at work. Anyway I think being in a high mood yesterday may have not helped. I hope when I have a few drinks tonight and stuff it doesn't happen.
It's definitely something I'm going to mention to my doc though, and I need to tell work to go easy on me before I blow my top. Been off for a week (holiday not sickness) and I still can't relax properly!

jothenurse
26-02-11, 16:17
I have a very stressful job and look forward to the weekends, but find the weekends that I'm very anxious and feel panicky. My counselor says that the anxiety comes from a build up of stress. I think that makes a lot of sense because sometimes when I get anxious and panicky I can't really tell what sets it off. I do over analyze everything which just makes me focus on things more. So,I just try to tell myself that this is accumulated stress and try to calm myself and keep busy.