PDA

View Full Version : The need to talk

May Day
02-04-06, 21:51
I'd be interested to know if anyone else feels like this ...

My stress tends to 'build up' during the day and sometimes leads to panic attacks ... when i get like that i often have the 'urgent need' to talk to or be with other people ... i either phone or text someone for no real reason other than to know there is someone else in the world... if i can't find any one to talk to then i feel a great need to escape the house and go anywhere just to be where other people are, even strangers in the street will do ... it's like i need to know that someone out there cares whether i am alive or not

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun :D

clickaway
02-04-06, 22:00
I don't suffer like this, but can understand why you need to do that. A sign of needing more love and understanding maybe?

Try and make a plan of action so that you can talk to people during the day. I had identical panic attacks day after day which you could set your watch by. Once I got an emergency appointment with the Community Mental Health Team, they stopped.

I knew help was on its way at last.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Trish
02-04-06, 23:56
Hi

I think i know what you are saying, i to have felt like this many times. When this happens to me i think... if i'm going to die then i don't want to die alone i want to be with someone...anyone! Or it's just like an urgent thought that i need help...or something, its so difficult to explain.

I do know however this is panic/stress, but it come on very fast that i'm not prepared for it. It's horrid!

I hope you feel much better very soon.

Trish

Jason37
03-04-06, 00:01
May,
I know EXACTLY how you feel.
My mobile phone is a critical part of my person, I have to have it nearby so I am technically always able to get hold of someone, anyone, to talk to. Once I lost it for about 15 seconds (yes! that's all) and it brought on a panic attack. Thankfully I found it quickly.
The evenings can be bad, but I also went through a phase where the early mornings were the worst. Just terrible loneliness and feeling like it doesn't matter a jot whether you live or die. Even the people closest to you won't really be all that bothered if you disappeared. These were the kinds of thoughts I had.
I would ring someone the minute I thought it was late enough to do so. And it would be a relief to talk, and stave off the feelings until the evening, or whenever the distraction of the day faded again.
You are very welcome to PM me any time. I'm away for most of this week, so if I don't reply, that's why. But I'd love to hear from you.
All the best,
Jason

May Day
03-04-06, 09:59
Thank you for the replies ... i'm so glad i'm not alone in feeling like this ... maybe it is the feeling of wanting to be loved and needed seing as it was my relationship breakup that brought all this on ... my mobile was a frequent means of communication between me and him ...

i don't have feelings that i want to die but i do feel the need to have someone around that cares about me .... even if only a little

Jason the loneliness is terrible and i completely understand how you feel about the people closest to you ... i think if i disappeared off the face of the earth that no one would notice or care ... the days can seem very long when you feel so alone

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun :D