PDA

View Full Version : Help cant breath

anx mum
24-02-11, 13:10
Got a horrible smothering feeling all over me feel like theres no air is this from panic?

nomorepanic
24-02-11, 13:12
Yes it is

Get a paper bag and do some deep breaths into it and it should regulate the breathing.

Clairalou
24-02-11, 13:12
yes hun it is you need to breathe slowly, its just anxiety it wont harm you, everything will be ok xxx

Katie6
24-02-11, 13:13
Yes it is, i get this all the time, every day sometimes i have it all day, but when i relax it eases, try and distract yourself and not focus on it and i am sure it will ease off x

sammi
24-02-11, 13:15
It is hun I have it right now, I agree with Nic get a paper bag and take deep breaths you will be ok:)

anx mum
24-02-11, 13:16
Yes it is, i get this all the time, every day sometimes i have it all day, but when i relax it eases, try and distract yourself and not focus on it and i am sure it will ease off x

Blowing into paper bag at mo is it just a sensention then?

sammi
24-02-11, 13:21
You can breathe hun and you have got air its just a sensation symptom of panic. If you couldn't breathe you wouldn't be sat typing to us I promise you your fine.x

Katie6
24-02-11, 13:25
Over breathing can make you feel that way and anxiety can cause your chest to feel tight, it will do you no harm and as soon as you have slowed your breathing and relaxed a little it will pass x

amandaj
24-02-11, 13:48
hi bev i get this alot especially atm cos got a stinking cold ,try what i do keep telling yourself it will pass its only stupid anxiety it does go after a while
amandaxx

kelly2010
24-02-11, 17:11
I know how your feeling. Ive got it too just breath into a paper bag and relax it will pass xxx

macc noodle
25-02-11, 01:17
Just a little tip - if you are out and about and don't have a paper bag, try singing - ok you may look barmy singing your way around the shopping centre but it does help and one thing is for sure you have to breathe to sing!

Singing has helped me out of a lot of sticky moments of panic over the years (or humming if singing just appears too odd).

xxx

anx mum
26-02-11, 10:53
Just a little tip - if you are out and about and don't have a paper bag, try singing - ok you may look barmy singing your way around the shopping centre but it does help and one thing is for sure you have to breathe to sing!

Singing has helped me out of a lot of sticky moments of panic over the years (or humming if singing just appears too odd).

xxx

Thanks for comments got this feeling again today cant breath keep standing outside on step its horrid feels like no air peg on my nose scared il collaspe my hubby at work

jaynemarie
26-02-11, 15:45
Hi i got it at the moment, i can bring it on myself just by thinking about breathing. I have been on holiday to Devon with kids for the last couple of days and ruined it for all of them. Didnt want to walk anywhere lump in throat feeling and pain when i breath. So gutted for them all, i just want to crawl away and leave them, they would be so much better without me x