PDA

View Full Version : Do You feel better in the evening?

honeybee3939
02-04-06, 22:47
Hi,

I was just curious to know if any of you feel better in the evening? i myself have been struggling through the day, the last week i have found it so hard leaving my home, through the day the anxiety just wont go away and i feel so tierd all the time, i have been trying to keep busy at home and in the garden hoping the anxiety will disappear, but for some reason it wont, but at night i feel fine, tonight i have been to the shop, drove to the petrol station for some petrol, and drove through traffic lights( traffic lights i hate) and had no problem what so ever! i did try the same journey earlier today but had to come home as soon as i got to the top of the street as i felt so ill with fear and panic. How can this be?

Andrea
xxx

florence
02-04-06, 22:57
Its the case for many sufferers, to feel better at night/ evenings. Some others ( like me ) dread the night, and feel fine during the day. Odd isnt it.

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

clickaway
03-04-06, 00:23
I improve in the late afternoons/evenings too.

My therapist did explain it to me, and in my case at least, is related to the inner mind thoughts that are so prevalant when I'm asleep when there is no other distraction. So when I wake up my 'inner demons' control my mood . As the day progresses, my subconcious or inner mind thoughts recede (as the concious tries to gain control) and therefore I feel an improvement.

I think this will be true for many people, especially if you rubbish in the mornings and have deep troublesome thoughts.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Spice
03-04-06, 08:44
Hi

I feel better in afternoons/evening too. I find it easier to go out as my mood seems to be better.
I read in Claire Weekes that we should rise as soon as we are awake and not lie in bed thinking about the symptoms/day ahead and I have tried this and it does help.

Spice
xxx

BambieEyes
03-04-06, 16:09
I awfull in the mornings,apparently thats when the corsidol ( stress hormone) is at its highest ,which is mad as for 8 hrs you sleep!
Im better as the day goes on.I may get groggy late evening but thats because im tired, rather than anxious.
x

Fight or Flight? im going to Fight it every step of the way!

mirry
03-04-06, 18:02
Yeah i love the end of the day, i think it is because all the adrenalin is burnt off and you can at last relax as well as watch all my favourite programs........corry and eastys.

mirryx

Forrest
05-04-06, 02:44
awww yes i fill alot better at night i always cant wait tell night time

Jenny
05-04-06, 09:41
I feel easier travel in the car at night when it is beginning to go dark because I can't see too far ahead. I know that sounds crazy, but in the daylight the roads seem longer and I am thinking will we ever get there. I have spoken to other people with similar experiences.

Jenny xxx

Dave
05-04-06, 23:30
Strange, I tend to be fine during the mornings. Most of my panic attacks come on in the late afternoon or evening. Can't really put my finger on why, maybe it's to do with the darkness outside. I've always felt very down in the winter.

t0rt01se36
06-04-06, 11:59
I prefer evenings/night times too. Just before I go to bed, I feel really happy and excitable that I'm soon gonna go to bed.

Going to our local shop and short walks in the Evenings suit me best.

Mornings I feel very irratable and not myself.

dorabella
06-04-06, 16:18
I usually feel rotten all day at work and especially when I first wake in the morning, but by the time I get home in the evening I'm feeling much better.

Definitely a case of what Claire Weekes calls 'that dreaded morning feeling

jos
06-04-06, 18:49
If the brain is unable to rest with proper REM sleep you feel rotten in the morning and you need to recover slowly through the day - experiments done with depression found if you keep awake all night you are better an the morning than you would be if you had slept a short bad night - also for some people napping can be really bad as it sets you back to the bad beginning again -

I found evenings were my only calmish time during my worst times - but i was always better late than early - now i have a little plan for the morning so when i get up groggy i don't have to think just do

sleep tight jos