PDA

View Full Version : help!! again!!

bexy84
24-02-11, 19:20
i have accidently scraped over a flat mole/feckle........it has scraped it rite off my skin...in was 1-2mm round and all one shade of brown ... i am worried if it was melenoma now i wont be able to see it if it is growing or spreading !! i am so worried about this .. please help

pb
24-02-11, 19:30
Im sure you wouldn't be able to scrape a melanoma off, but you could get your gp to check for reassurance.

bexy84
24-02-11, 19:36
thankyou. i have a major fear of melenoma..i am convinced i mite have scratched one off :-(

bexy84
24-02-11, 21:03
Anyone?

bexy84
25-02-11, 09:12
i am really freaking out about this one!!! do you think i couldn have scratched of cancer :-( and aswell how will i ever no now??

Humly
25-02-11, 09:33
Hi. I'm not an expert but from what you are describing it doesnt sound like anything to worry about to me. I also dont think that you can scrape off something like a melanoma as easily as that. I once did this myself with a tiny raised mole on my shoulder and when it healed it was just a pale flat mark on my skin. So when it heals you will be able to see it and keep any eye on it if you want to but personally I think its nothing.

bexy84
25-02-11, 16:35
Ok so I went to the doctors this morning and she looked at the freckle I had scratched off and she said if it was a cancerous one they still could tell even if it had been scratched off!!! But u guessed it I don't believe her!!! Why!!!!!! Help!!!

Em.ma
25-02-11, 16:44
Shes a doctor. She wouldnt lie to you. Calm down and take some deep breaths. If she thought it was anything she would of had you up the hospital straight away. Doctors dont take chances with cancer. x

Pinkella
25-02-11, 16:49
Your doc is spot on!

I had a mole checked about six weeks ago...and a brown mole is classed as normal...not cancerous.....Ur doctor would be able to tell wether its scraped or not....Your ok Bex trust ur doctor x

fredwantstofeelgood
25-02-11, 17:01
Bexy, im exactly the same, i actually was worried about a mole, it was tan brown, slightly asymmetrical, and the border on one side looked slightly unusual, i showed it to three doctor and none were worried, but the other day, it had a tiny blocked pore like pimple on the corner of it and i squeezed it and some of the freckle/mole skin came off and now im panicked to bits. Melanoma is my major worry of the moment too, and ive a good few moles and none of them look 'normal' if you ask me :(